jcumpstay

Jacob's High Tech Fish Room Build

Yes... I used to own ten retail aquarium stores and had my own fish import facility.

The price is just an example.

Aquazoo?

The Cichlid King?

Taringa Pets and Aquarium?

Did you [MENTION=470]aquaholic99[/MENTION]Winston begin fish keeping in Japan? If yes I can imagine the smart ideas your peers would have come up with knowing the Japanese expertise.

If you ever write an autobiography I will certainly buy a copy.

You post very interesting, innovative stuff and I enjoy reading those posts.

If I am being too nosey tell me to bugger off, no offence taken.

:focus: In getting this thread back on track, here's a quick pic I took this morning of the latest two Neptune Apex EB6 units I have added (Thanks [MENTION=1338]The Tech Den[/MENTION]). More tanks means more valves and pumps (and cables) which in turn means more control. I have mounted these to a backing board which I will fix to the wall to get if off the ground and away from any splashes once it's fully loaded with the next EB6 and a few more control boxes :dance:

IMAG1582.jpg

Edited by jcumpstay

Any updates?

Plenty of updates just no time for clean up, pics or detailed posts.

Next update will likely be once all 5ft tanks are installed. Hopefully within the next month.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Quick update - I found a few minutes on the weekend and was able to tidy up some of the Apex EB6 wiring. The controllable relays control the drain and fill valves on each tank as well as the sump pumps.

I also calibrated my pH probes (Finally!) and while I haven't taken any photos yet, I installed an air pump on my water change tank to keep it nice and fresh.

Next step - Install more tanks.

IMG_20160211_095206.jpg

IMG_20160211_095213.jpg

IMG_20160211_095220.jpg

IMG_20160211_095148.jpg

Oh and a few new inhabitants made their way into one of the lower tanks :-)

IMG_20160205_231931.jpg

IMG_20160205_231917.jpg

I like to have easy access to all the APEX gear so I have mounted the power boards to moisture proof boards on the wall. They aren't water proof, but given that my A/C controls the humidity in the room to a set %, I'm not worried about current placement :-)

Edited by jcumpstay

Commissioned another fry tank with auto water change setup last night. Air driven poret foam as filter. low maintenance and perfect for small fry. Can't get photos to show for some reason....

IMG_20160522_204546.jpg

IMG_20160522_202028.jpg

Edited by jcumpstay

Yeah, what's up with the photo's. Just wanted to have a look through the thread again, but missing the photo's :(

Hopefully working now

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Another attempt to revive this thread due to its awesomeness - as above any updates?

Cracking job mate - best I've seen. Now that it's been running for a while, is the low maintenance setup staying true to its design?

Again, well done on a terrific build.

Jon