jcumpstay

Jacob's High Tech Fish Room Build

Ive just spent about an hour reading this thread . I love all the tech and think it just adds to the hobby part of it. When its all done and you sit down there is always something you can tweek :)

Hi all - apologies for the lack of updates. I have been kinda busy with work and family (lucky I have a techy, low maintenance fish room that almost looks after itself).

The room is going fantastic. Most tanks are now full with various Tropheus species, the auto-water changes are working without fail, the fish are breeding well (a testament to weekly 40% water changes) and I'm finding that I'm needing to squeeze in a few more fry tanks to accommodate varying fry stages. All in all a capital investment on technology that I do not regret.

Room is not fully complete and I'm not sure it ever will be (like most fish rooms I'd imagine). Still some wiring and Led lighting to tidy up and a few more GPO's to install and then I can finally sheet the outer walls with ply. To date the inner fibro and copious amounts of bulk insulation keep everything at a pleasant 25 (even when it is 45 outside).

No promises, but I'll try upload some recent photos or a video once I have a chance to clean the room up a little and get the appropriate amount of free time.

Cheers once again for the positive comments.

Jacob

I too have just finished reading this entire thread.  Awesome result and can't wait to see final pics of your fantastic room.  I'm toying with doing a similar project but obviously have a lot to learn about the technology side of things.  Hop you don't mind if later down the track I pick your brains for advice.

I'm also not sure if I have enough budget wise to complete with this degree of automation, but after seeing your success, will certainly look into potential costs etc.

Again a project you should be truly proud of.

I managed to squeeze in another 5ft now that the old sumps have been moved on. Getting the standard automation treatment :-)

IMG_20170602_205959.jpg

IMG_20170603_215311.jpg

Now to finish off the fry rack and I'm pretty well done.