smicko

full tank shot thread

Hi all, I've noticed that shrimp keeping and aquascapes sort of go hand in hand so let's see the shrimp habitats that people have.

Cheers mick

Ps I have no scaping skills so I may or may not steal some ideas.

I am starting a 4ft planted native shrimp /fish. I will put some pics up when i get it started hopefully tomorrow . Hope growing aquatic plants is easier than trying too keep bugs out of my veggie patch because i have lost that battle .

post-15333-14711633269575_thumb.jpg and this is me trying to act like i know what i am doing .plants arrive on wed hopefully, if i am working it will be next week.tried to tell the boss i feel under the weather could i go next week , "tell ya story walking pal " was his answer .

post-15333-147116332694_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61864[/ATTACH] thats the tank i bought from piraterides2020 tip top m8 [ATTACH=CONFIG]61865[/ATTACH] and this is me trying to act like i know what i am doing .plants arrive on wed hopefully, if i am working it will be next week.tried to tell the boss i feel under the weather could i go next week , "tell ya story walking pal " was his answer .

Make sure you cover your filter intake with stainless steel mesh/panty hose/sponge pre-filter if you are breeding shrimps to prevent shrimps from getting sucked into the filter. 4ft... awesome shrimp heaven. :-)

Make sure you cover your filter intake with stainless steel mesh/panty hose/sponge pre-filter if you are breeding shrimps to prevent shrimps from getting sucked into the filter. 4ft... awesome shrimp heaven. :-)
thqnks jc, i am not setting out to breed if it happens bonus, Heintzg gave me a mesh filter but it would not fit on the fluval intake are there different sizes ?

thqnks jc, i am not setting out to breed if it happens bonus, Heintzg gave me a mesh filter but it would not fit on the fluval intake are there different sizes ?

i think techden have different sizes

i think techden have different sizes
cheers i was there yesterday too , lighting any ideas , it has nelson t5 28w housing ,1 28w t5 pure white stil working and it had a 1 marine blue 45w , but that exploded when i turned it one today is there a specific bulb for plants these ones are 2 pin skinny what ever the real name is for that kind there is a 4pin which must be bigger leds good/bad? tech den dont sell fluro only leds , so aoa will be the go

cheers i was there yesterday too , lighting any ideas , it has nelson t5 28w housing ,1 28w t5 pure white stil working and it had a 1 marine blue 45w , but that exploded when i turned it one today is there a specific bulb for plants these ones are 2 pin skinny what ever the real name is for that kind there is a 4pin which must be bigger leds good/bad? tech den dont sell fluro only leds , so aoa will be the go

Ebay has LED flouro tubes. Look for 6500K light spectrum as they are generally the spectrum for plants. Personally I have not used them before. I have the Worx LED light from AOA and they have been great for my 4x2x2 mostly low light plants without CO2. Have fun.

Sorry [MENTION=885]smicko[/MENTION] for derailing this thread as it was meant for full tank shots.

Ebay has LED flouro tubes. Look for 6500K light spectrum as they are generally the spectrum for plants. Personally I have not used them before. I have the Worx LED light from AOA and they have been great for my 4x2x2 mostly low light plants without CO2. Have fun.

Sorry [MENTION=885]smicko[/MENTION] for derailing this thread as it was meant for full tank shots.

my bad sorry i am a hijacker

here is a update of my tank, got all plants today way to many hahaha and mental note , 3 cm is not enough of ista plant soil to hold plants, had to race around and found some eco caribsea soil luckily , another 9 kg on top to get plants too hold. i am sleeping down stairs tonite and watching my live fish tv , fish , shrimp are all in and going great ,

post-15333-1471163330249_thumb.jpg

post-15333-14711633302649_thumb.jpg

[MENTION=11165]jcumpstay[/MENTION], This thread was for shrimp tanks but with style like that I will allow it lol.

Did you do the background yourself? If so, what's it made of?