Sign in to follow this  
KVT1000

Need help deciding on CO2 equipment

Hi fish people :)

Please move this thread if it's not in the right section.

Anyway I have decided to add CO2 to my tank.

Tank is a 3ft Aqua One Horizon 130 with a AquaClear 70 HOB filter running.

It is currently low tech but i want to add medium light plants and add CO2 now.

I already have a used CO2 Bottle. It is a CO2PRO 0.82L bottle:

http://www.aquascapedesign.com.au/products.php?product=CO2PRO-0.82L-%7B47%7D-540g-Alloy-Cylinder

I have a budget of $200 and would like advice on which regulator/solenoid, bubble counter, diffuser, etc. to purchase? Specifically brand or models that you guys would recommend and which will fit into my budget.

I have read that some people have purchased from this overseas ebay seller:

goaqua88 on eBay

Any CO2 equipment worth buying from that seller or can you recommend something locally?

Thanks for an help.

I am unsure of your cylinders thread type and your link is broken. But for my CO2 I purchased from CO2Art in the UK they have a wide range of stuff I picked up a dual stage regulator with industry standard thread (UK and AUS have different names for their standard CO2 thread but they are identical, the US one is different), needle valve, bubble checker/non-return valve, diffuser, drop checker and gas line. As well as a solenoid valve, which makes things a lot easier(available with AUS plug which is great). All up I think i payed AU$201 and there are certainly cheaper options and they have regulators to fit other thread types, paintball canisters and the like.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry about the link. This one should work:

http://www.sydneydiscusworld.com/co2pro-0-82l-540g-alloy-cylinder/

I had a look at that CO2Art website. The prices are great for my budget. The reviews are also positive.

The total CO2 package price with currency conversion is around $180. That's an excellent price for a complete package.

The CO2 equipment here in Australia are good but i can't fit everything within my budget.

I will do some further research and then maybe take the plunge with CO2Art.

Cheers.

Edited by KVT1000
link updated

Sign in to follow this