Hey guys have an interesting situation happening In one of the tanks...

I recently grabbed a bunch of what we commonly refer to as Saums (Gold and White) and well the interesting thing is a colony has formed as in 1 dominant boy(looks like there isn't even any other boys in this large group so wondering if hes destroyed any competition at a younger age! :noidea:)and well he seems to have about 18 girls who he takes turns with depending on availability..:dance:...these guys have given me what seems to be a little factory of ongoing Saums!! :eek: I remove a pot..replace it..eggs within 48 hrs....and this is ongoing now....I have so many girls swimming around with tubes down..blackened and just waiting there turn...Ive never seen this personally and love to hear thoughts,experiences guys on an American breeding colony...its a Harem on steroids!!!...The best part is the Dad is a stunner!!

DSCN0201_zpsvkgx5zje.jpg

DSCN0207_zpslgdnswze.jpg

Edited by goldenswimmers

Hey bud

I used to do this with my rivs all the time. The males are quite the "fabio" and dont seem to "pair" off.

I had an 8 x 2 x 2 with 30 plus fems and one male. Would just take out terracotta saucers after laying and replace them.

I must admit mate I think I heard that the rivs can do it...know any other Americans that do it????...why are the Rivs the fabios?..ha ha :eyebrows: this must happen in the wild hey...harems of Rivs...imagine a Festae Harem..all those sexy girls..hubba hubba... :pop2:

I have a similar thing going on with my Discus, where I have more females than males, and have females squabbling for the right to spawn with a desired male.