The Tech Den

Bakki Bio Media Family is now complete. Rods, Mini Rods, Discs and now the balls

The Bakki family has had the new addition today of Bakki Balls. Originally it started with the Bakki Rods and Mini Bakki, then cam along the Bakki discs and today we get to add the Bakki Balls that arrived into stock today. Here is the range now available.

Bakki Rods have a large porus surface area and ideal for canister filters and sumps

Bakki-2.jpg?1412569642

Mini Bakki Rods 5kg have a large porus surface area and ideal for canister filters and sumps

BAKKI-MINI-5KG-2.jpg?1412569642

Bakki Discs - 5kg Bag (Bacteria House Bio Discs)

Bakki-disc-5kg-2.jpg

Bakki Balls have a large porus surface area and ideal for canister filters and sumps

FC-BH-5-2.jpg

how many kg is the bakki rods (http://www.thetechden.com.au/Bakki_Rods_Bacteria_House_Bio_Rods_p/bakki.htm) lot that you have for $6.50? per piece?

Can you do a side by side comparison of the bakki balls vs the marinepure sphere both size and volume (1ltr vs 1kg).

Edited by litigator666

Well the baki balls are only 2cm diameter so would be much smaller... (I see this as a good thing)

Doesnt nessecarily mean they have more available surface area though so will be interesting to see how the stats line up.

Someone might give marine pure balls a run for their money at last... They have been on top of the game for a while now in my opinion

I think the good thing about it that we are getting spoilt for choice with so many good options available on the market.

For example the bakki balls would have an advantage where size is an issue and you might want to put bio into a internal filter. One thought that was on my mind is the good ol K1/C1 bottle with the air stone in the bottom but I wonder how it would go if the K1/C1 was replaced with Bakki Balls? Or for the application of the all in one tanks with the filtration built into the hood where again you have limited space. The competitor in MarinePure would be more akin to the Spheres or the MPC-C2 or the Cubes.

In total you have:-

MarinePure with - Sphere's, Cubes, MPC-C2, Rocks, Plates and Blocks

Bakki with - Balls, Discs, Mini Bakki Rods, Bakki Rods

Ista have also stepped in with competitive options too with the PM Rods which look identical but about 15% cheaper than the Bakki Rods and also with the Supreme Porous Bio Rings which again is very similar to the Mini Bakki Rods and priced well with a 6l bag going for about $50.

This is the two Ista Options -

I-220-2.jpgW-251-2.jpg