Sign in to follow this  
RJHELL

which 2ft led light from Aquaholics?

as above guys im looking at the 2ft led lights aquaholics has for offer, it will be going on a native rainbow display tank with basic plants. they all seam alright. but is the RGB miracle that good in bringing out colours? mainly looking at the [h=1]CICHLID GLOW RGBW MIX CONTROLLABLE LED AQUARIUM LIGHT 60CM 2FT[/h]give a fellow fish addict some help

Im gonna throw in another option to confuse you even more :D Look at makemyled.com.au

The lights are all customisable for exactly what you want, etc. Others have used them with great success, i personally have 2 tubes coming next week for myself. Overall they are about the same in price as commercial products (give or take a bit) BUT from what I have gathered the LEDs are 3w and have better penetration with the optics (you can also choose this too). And are dimmable, etc. Mine came in at roughly the same price as the Up Aqua plant lights which are no where near as good for my tank size. This is just my experience for my 2 foot tank though :D

I would also aim for ones that are built for plant growth not fish display as they will have different colour spectrums within them, I believe the fish ones have more red in them than the plant growth ones. Good luck!

Im gonna throw in another option to confuse you even more :D Look at makemyled.com.au

The lights are all customisable for exactly what you want, etc. Others have used them with great success, i personally have 2 tubes coming next week for myself. Overall they are about the same in price as commercial products (give or take a bit) BUT from what I have gathered the LEDs are 3w and have better penetration with the optics (you can also choose this too). And are dimmable, etc. Mine came in at roughly the same price as the Up Aqua plant lights which are no where near as good for my tank size. This is just my experience for my 2 foot tank though :D

I would also aim for ones that are built for plant growth not fish display as they will have different colour spectrums within them, I believe the fish ones have more red in them than the plant growth ones. Good luck!

doing a review on them this weekend if you can wait a day or so - http://www.qldaf.com/forums/general-aquarium-discussion-19/makemyled-com-au-fishwerx-led-lights-review-119820/

They sound way to dodgy for my liking at this point in time. I trust Aquaholics.com.au in their quality products. Never have had a single fault or problem with them and their products in all the years. But cheers for the info mate. In the future maybe but for now I will pass

no problems RJHELL

the review im doing is meant to help people like me who were a bit um and ah about them, but if there is a review which said they work well and are very good and people can see results in plant growth and such then i see it as a good thing.

Sign in to follow this