Sign in to follow this  
kjw2008

whiptail fry - success at last

i have finally had a bit of success with my whiptail fry. I have one pair about 13cm long they have laid eggs a number of times but I have never had much success raising fry. On the last occasion I figured I would try something different. I grabbed a heap of weed from an o/s pond and put it a small tank with an air filter, then used water from the main tank to fill this, added the newly hatched fry and hoped for the best. well 3 weeks later and all is good, there is heaps of weed and bottom of the tank looks dirty but the whiptails appear to be doing great, they are swimming more than I have ever seen them in the past. I feed with BBS(frozen) and fingures crossed they will keep on keeping on. I have another batch of about 50 eggs that have just started to hatch so I will be doing the same with them. It's not the cleanest tank, but the water quality should be reasonable given the amount of weed...anyway we'll see how it goes, here are some pics.

100_3315.jpg

100_3316.jpg

100_3319.jpg

100_3320.jpg

100_3321.jpg

Looks good from what I can see of it. Putting up photos of the size of 2048 x 1536 pixels is entirely unnecessary and makes viewing very difficult.

Go to your photos in photobucket and click edit above the thumbnail. There should be an image resizer in there where you can select something like 800 x 600 pixels.

Are they common LG6 whiptails or royal whiptails, as the fry from both require quite different feeding when they are fry?

Opps, completly forgot to resize them all good now. They are just LG6's, As I said i have bee feeding frozen BBS, crushed food and infusia..so far so good..any tips most welcome!!

kjw

Sign in to follow this