bossink

best priced lights in Brisbane

Hi just looking for advice on where is the best place to buy lighting in Brisbane or am I going to find a bargain online . I have a 6x2x2 African tank I'm looking to light and I'm trying to keep costs down i would like led but t5 are okay as well. I was also wondering is it cheaper to buy 2 3ft lights rather than a 6ft one any help would be appreciated thanks.

*cough*

I might be a bit bias buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut have 30% off the worx leds at aoa today.

3 footers are normally Admin Edit - No Prices In General Please

I'd need a coffee to work out what 2 would be - 30% but its likely a nice number.

As I said tho, I am bias on this one XD

Have a look at hydroponic lights on e-bay or at a hydro shop. They offer a better light spectrum for marine & planted tanks. Most of the new aquarium lighting out now days have been taken from the hydroponics industry which have just been re-labeled & re-priced. A lot of people get sucked into over priced products just because it says aquarium on the box. After 40 yrs of playing fish I've often found that thinking outside the box can not only save you money you often end up with a better solution and product. My 6.5ft marine tank I use 2 x 250watt MH in cool tubes. 1st light comes on at 10am then the 2nd light at 1pm at 7pm 1st light goes off then at 10pm lights out. This gives the tank a full 12hr light cycle and simulates low morning & night light & I am only using the full 500watts for just 6hrs. So apart from Fluro's & LED's you have 2 other lights to choose from HPS or MH. HPS = (high pressure sodium) these give off a broader light spectrum with a dominate red, orange, yellow spectrum which is used for the flowering cycle. The MH = (metal helide) are a dominate white spectrum which is used for the grow cycle. Your corals, enemies & plants don't flower so the whiter the light spectrum is the better. Hydroponic lights also have a greater range of LED's and fluro's & dispite what people say most are water proof or water resistant as they are designed to be in a humid environment. You can also look out for the high bay lights you see hanging in most factories as they use a MH bulb. I also have a friend that uses the LED 4WD spot light bars which he runs off a 12volt power supply. If you want to give the tank extra colour like blue, red, green just add a few LED strips.

Edited by Dfwi

Im not sure about being the best priced LED's but we have been increasing our range of LED lights at aquaholics We have RGB and RGB mixed lights starting from $69 and we give a further 10% off for QLDAF members

Aquaholics Aquarium LED Lights

Thanks for the link just a quick question do you think the 150 cm leds would be able to light up a 6x2x2 tank even though it's 5ft. And do I need a code for the discount thanks for the help.

Thanks for the link just a quick question do you think the 150 cm leds would be able to light up a 6x2x2 tank even though it's 5ft. And do I need a code for the discount thanks for the help.

Price wise 2 x 90cm LED lights will cost you the same as 1 x 5ft light . By having 2 x 3ft lights it will give you slightly more light but will also give you the ability for better spread of light. the downside is that you will need 2 x power points. someone asked this on another thread.

If you want something that will make your fish colours pop have a look at the RGB mix lights (not as bright but sure will make your colours POP)

discount code you can press on the button on the side of the site and follow the steps and it will generate a code for you. if you get stuck just shoot me a PM and ill give you a code

Edited by AquaholicsOnline