here is what i have i am a native newbie . threadin rainbows and black swan ck orantes, they are beautiful fish not only on the eye but peaceful nature . i had threadfins first then added ornates they schooled right away beautiful to watch . I have pacific blue eyes from a local creek here also they are in quarantine atm . Support the locals i say :) and thanx to the guys on here for all ur help .

post-15333-14711633323847_thumb.jpg

post-15333-14711633323998_thumb.jpg

post-15333-14711633324131_thumb.jpg

here is what i have i am a native newbie . threadin rainbows and black swan ck orantes, they are beautiful fish not only on the eye but peaceful nature . i had threadfins first then added ornates they schooled right away beautiful to watch . I have pacific blue eyes from a local creek here also they are in quarantine atm . Support the locals i say :) and thanx to the guys on here for all ur help .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62254[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62255[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62256[/ATTACH]

Love the threadfins.....

I like threadfins too but until I get an RO unit , the "liquid rock" that masquerades as water , from my local supply will kill them .

but it was good for "tangs " when I was breeding them - not much else likes superhard water with a PH in the low 8s . ( except maybe marines )

But (big BUT) they have a marine larval stage !

Vast Majority of natives have an estuarine larval /juvenile stage - applies to nearly all Gobies as well as most other species except Rainbows & Saratoga. There are even Rainbow varieties that live in brackish water habitats.

Edited by none

Melanotaenia locality variants including M.s.splendida & M.s.inornata. None known to live exclusively in brackish conditions in Australia no. (Other than Blue Eyes which some group with rainbows).

Here is a cool video showing some natives:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqW6fXPUeKo

I've visited Kakadu last year in June for a week and went to maguk It was amazing spent hours there swimming around with big sootys, massive archer fish heaps of grunter species, If you ever want to go to somewhere to get in touch with nature go to Kakadu I'm going back because a week wasn't enough time for me and I'm going to do Arnham land and Litchfield as well