Thought I would use this space to gather everyones thoughts on this food. I have only just seen it in Aus but its pretty competitive overseas with brands like Hikari and NLS. Looking at the ingredients IMO it doesn't quite hold up to the other companies however time will tell. Used it for the first time today... fish took to it straight away. I am using the monster pellets which absolutely dwarfed my massivore. When putting it in the tank it doesn't sink straight away which is a shame because i try to sink pellets as soon as possible to stop my peacock bass throwing water everywhere. The pellets didn't make the water too dirty when feeding I actually expected it to be a messier pellet... especially since they are so large the fish need to chew it a few times before swallowing. Here are the main ingredients: Shrimp MealMenhaden Fish mealHerring MealWheat flourground wheatrice branwheat mindssoybean mealsquid mealspirulinadried brewers yeast paprikalecithinred pixafilsodium chlorideplenty more but these were the main ingredients.. the rest are mainly vitamin supplements and beta carotene also makes an appearance. as you can see theres quite a few "fillers" when comparing it to other brands.The guaranteed analysis:Protein 38%Fat 5%Fiber 6%who else has used this and what is your first thoughts?

apparently putting lines between paragraphs doesn't work anymore lol... all of the ingredients are meant to be on separate lines :P hopefully u can still read them

When Spencer Jack came over for the Conference - Xtreme was one of his sponsors and he has a massive wholesale division in the US. When we were approached there was mention that there was a connection from some of previous workers with NLS to generate the Xtreme brand - could be true - could be just rumour :noidea:

I was told by the wholesaler of Xtreme that it was developed by the same guy who developed/helped develop NLS.

As John said "Could be true, Could be just rumours"

Hey [MENTION=12090]Tristan[/MENTION]. I like the size of the "Monster" pellets! 9 to 10mm would be great for the GPGs.

Sent from floating around in the "GPG Billabong"

Yes would be ideal for your biggins.. GiGi still has to chew them a bit which she isnt very happy about because she cant just swallow every bit of food that comes in to the tank at once haha.

First Observation on the xtreme pellets is it makes everyones poo greener as opposed to the orangey red of the massivore :P

Pricewise how does it compete with nls megapellets and the hikari massivore? Is there any small packaging to trial before buying bulk? Im using Massivore, megapellets and cheap aquaculture pellets (mix together). I might consider this xtreme pellets to add to the mix.

Sorry everyone i should have mentioned that i bought this at age of aquariums. They have just got a fairly good range of it in and its the only place i have seen it for sale

One of the shops i supply have been using it... the cichlid one made all dragonbloods turn yellow and albino afra from white the a very rich cream colour..

It seems to have something in it that very richly enhancers yellow colours

One of the shops i supply have been using it... the cichlid one made all dragonbloods turn yellow and albino afra from white the a very rich cream colour..

so effectively fading/washing the colour?

[MENTION=6066]webmaster[/MENTION]breeder? Can you name the shop as i would like to have a look?

Sorry everyone i should have mentioned that i bought this at age of aquariums. They have just got a fairly good range of it in and its the only place i have seen it for sale

We have the full freshwater range in stock ( all varieties and sizes ). I will have them loaded onto the website tonight hopefully.

All reports so far have been positive. We do not stock Hikari so i was looking for a high quality large sinking pellet to offer my customers. NLS is exceptionally good food but the reduced bucket sizes combined with price increases is making it hard for some customers to keep using it. 1.8kg tub of the Xtreme Monster Fish pellet works out at EDITED after your QLDAF Discount so it is good value when comparing massivore and NLS. Massivore generally sells for $ EDITED per 1kg bag so if you do the maths on the Xtreme it works out at EDITED per Kg which is a big saving when your going through 1kg every few weeks with Peacock Bass / Rays etc..

P.S Happy to offer the 1.8kg tubs for EDITED for anyone who wants to try it as a one off promotion on your first purchase.

We have the 249gm , 454gm & 1.13kg tubs in stock also of the Monster fish for anyone wanting to try a smaller quantity.

EDITED

On a seperate note the catfish wafers are being taken by all bottom feeders which is a good sign. Very palatable from all indications !!.

Cheers Ben

PRICES REMOVED - NO PRICES IN GENERAL PLEASE - ADMIN

Edited by ageofaquariums

Possibly the paprika? Dont regularly see that in the other foods even though it is an awesome colour enhancer.

When Spencer Jack came over for the Conference - Xtreme was one of his sponsors and he has a massive wholesale division in the US. When we were approached there was mention that there was a connection from some of previous workers with NLS to generate the Xtreme brand - could be true - could be just rumour :noidea:

I have been told the same thing