Sign in to follow this  
Rhino

Royal whiptail compatibility

Most South American small to medium size fish & cichlids, e.g. Apistogramma species, Laetacara species, Festivums, Severums, Chocolate cichlids, Uaru, Geophagus species, Satanoperca species, Mikrogeophagus species just to name some off the top of my head. Corydoras, some L numbers, otocinclus, tetras, pencil fish, hatchet fish.

Platys, swordyz, mollies, guppies/endlers, any type of tetra or danio, rainbows, discus, dwarf cichlids, some other smaller non aggressive L numbers, corys.

Im sure there's plenty more that I cant think off right now and im sure other members will be able to name some more.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, so if I went with say 5x hatchets, 6-10x ember tetras and a pair/trio of apisto's would the catfish need to go to another tank to spawn? The pair Im looking at are around 18cm not counting the string hanging off the tail, at that size does the male have visible whiskers?

sorry to ask a question on your thread but can you keep and breed royal whiptails in the same tank that you are growing out bn fry in? or will the bn either get eaten or will they eat the whiptail eggs?

[MENTION=15795]Rhino[/MENTION] as long as the apistos can't get at the eggs and you take out the babies after hatching that it will be fine and your stocking looks good. I would imagine at that size the the male whiptail should be hairy!

Sign in to follow this