gingerbeer

Hot Topic Friday 29 May - How can we make QLDAF beter

What do you think?

Do we sack all the moods? Should mods post more?

Do you like Hot Topic Friday?

Competitions?

Chat room is back due to members asking - how can we use it better?

Posted from here:

post-231-14711633554292_thumb.jpg

I reckon people going to do due to ease of posting pic.

That needs work.

Make it less pg rated, anything half interesting use to get deleted.

Competitions are good - would like to see some articles done as there is a wealth of knowledge here - pick an article a week - add a section to the forum "Library" and add in the articles.

Venting/Sexing, Nutrition, How things work, Worming there are so many things we come across from time to time in the hobby and it would be nice to have a little section to refer to from time to time or just increase your knowledge.

I might have to go check out chat, I think competitions are a good idea not necessarily need big prizes. A forum I used to be on had a photo of the month comp the winner was picked by a poll and their photo was on the main page for the next month. It always seemed popular.

Nice pic of Dalat in Vietnam [MENTION=231]gingerbeer[/MENTION] :):)

Poor country, and yet every coffee shop and bar has free WIFI, and the Hotel..... but that is next weeks hot topic......

Its hard to compete with social media these days. But in saying that the quality of people, experience, and everything else is so much better on this forum...

I wish i had more time to get more involved with it and post more. Never will but!

I definitely think the photo posting issues are quite a common problem and hopefully can be addressed. It will never be as easy as facebook or the like obviously. But would be nice..

Valuable input from highly experienced members has definitely slowed down and more pissing contests between other members are taking place. How you fix that i dont know. Just a sign of the times i guess.

Seems like a large number of the keyboard warriors from the likes of facebook have made it here!

Hard to change for the better when it seems like the experienced guys are sick of repeating themselves to others that either dont research for themselves or just ask everywhere until they find the answer they want to hear.

Its also very noticeable that this has become just another for sale site for some people that want another outlet to offload stuff because gumtree or facebooks groups aren't working for them.

All in all we need to fix this as a forum community. Without valuable input, exciting topics, competitions, in depth discussions about current issues etc etc. Its destined to fall to the Wayside.

There is or was Un measurable knowledge kicking around the forum.. they mostly gone.. maybe administration should directly ask them.. There the ones who keep the forum thriving..

Article of the week month would be good to..

Pic posting still the main issues.. [MENTION=231]gingerbeer[/MENTION] @ webmaster why is this so difficult to amend?

There is or was Un measurable knowledge kicking around the forum.. they mostly gone.. maybe administration should directly ask them.. There the ones who keep the forum thriving..

Pic posting still the main issues.. [MENTION=231]gingerbeer[/MENTION] @ webmaster why is this so difficult to amend?

Lol.. and I didn't even try. Helps my point tho, the forum needs to catch up with technology. . I'm at a yr 2002 level and doing better..

ha ha the power of the quad post....:eyebrows:

I was thinking it would be cool to have a section dedicated to individual fish and open for discussion...like an ever changing library section for all the varieties....for example...you could have electric yellows..their name,location,etc and basic care and people could then go on to discuss things that have worked keeping this type of fish and breeding experiences,disease issues or ways to deal with common ailments/problems associated with such a fish.....like an open thread on each variety of fish(basic profile and then open discussion thread attached!)..I think this would help all fishkeepers....make this more of an informative guide as well as just somewhere to discuss fish and non fish related madness :beer: after all whats nude wrestling without the jelly :noidea:

Edited by goldenswimmers