yellows

Shutting down my Sump Questions

I want to shut my sump down to move the baffles around and add more media, my first question is there any way I can store the media I have now with out killing the bacteria. Once I've set it back up and hooked it up to my tank if add some API Quick Start will it be fine and will it go through a new cycle again

When I did it I placed my media in a 90 litre container with air stones to keep it airated and placed feeder fish in it so there was still ammonia being produced to keep it alive. Once the silicone cured I just placed the media back in and fed the fish to the fronts and went on with the tank lol. I didnt have any problem with ammonia or nitrite levels.

When I did it I placed my media in a 90 litre container with air stones to keep it airated and placed feeder fish in it so there was still ammonia being produced to keep it alive. Once the silicone cured I just placed the media back in and fed the fish to the fronts and went on with the tank lol. I didnt have any problem with ammonia or nitrite levels.

To easy mate will give that ago when I do it :beer:

What about the sponges or just give them a wash in tank water before I hook it up again