bradyn

What do you think are the most common and most wanted African Cichlids

Are you thinking in respect to breeding?

If so I would suggest something Monomorphic, as you have more potential for selling. I find the average hobbyist is looking for colour, and buying fish that may not colour up is in less demand, though I do it myself.

On the other hand, breeding highly demanded colourful fish comes with the pitfall of everyone doing the same thing and lots of competition.

Edited by danfishy84

Well depends, most people start out with electric yellows, electric blues, crimson tides, flamebacks, the fish that people starting out tend to get. "Highly demanded" depends on what people want. Not everyone wants the same type of fish. It sounds like you are trying to figure out which fish to breed to move along quicker to make more money, fish breeding isnt about what people will buy and making money, breed what you want and you will have more fun. Personally I prefer peacocks so thats what I will breed.

Hello All,

Just wondering what you think are the most common and most highly demanded African cichlids

[MENTION=10347]bradyn[/MENTION] You asked this question a couple of weeks ago and you were given advice on that thread!

Now you ask a similar question again. How come?

He is trying to stay on the cutting edge [MENTION=204]mbunamad[/MENTION], don't you know whats popular now isn't whats popular tomorrow……geez….:faint::boink:

Electric Yellows seem to be pretty popular. Speaking of fish do you still want to buy my Electric Yellows and Acei still if not I have others waiting

LOL [MENTION=7637]yellows[/MENTION]mellow I wonder how many others are in the same boat as you?

[MENTION=10347]bradyn[/MENTION] is obviously very keen on fush but he needs to slow down and realize as much as we would like to we cant own every species we would like!

Excitement takes over and we regret some things we have done once we come back to earth further down the track.

Electric Yellows seem to be pretty popular. Speaking of fish do you still want to buy my Electric Yellows and Acei still if not I have others waiting

Yeah I do I have my pump back up and running when suits you

I'm not doing this for the money just for the fun and to see which fish people think are most common and which fish are most highly demanded

The most highly demanded fish are quality ones, if you do things the right way and breed good quality fish you get a good name then you never have trouble selling fish.

Cheers mick