Side unless you use a standpipe cos if power stops water will still drain down to the sump ,then on the floor and thrugh the carpet and so on

Plus and this is only my personal opinion but theres a lot of weight on the bottom panel of glass it will need to be really well supported so you dont hear a crack soud in the middle of the night

Go side, I wouldnt go through the bottom, though I see it on a lot of reef tanks with a stand pipe. I prefer going through the back of my tanks as its fairly hidden, but with a stand pipe they are very distinctive and ugly IMO. Nothing like seeing a beautiful scaped tank with two large pieces of PVC in the tank. As stated by Billfish, due to gravity the mass of the water is heavily sitting on the base. Thats why bases are usually made thicker than sides.

As stated by, due to gravity the mass of the water is heavily sitting on the base. Thats why bases are usually made thicker than sides.

That's not entirely correct, there are 2 ways a tank can go together, the sides sit on top of the bottom or they sit on the outside edge of the bottom, allowing the bottom to "float". That way the bottom is less susceptible to cracking as the weight of the tank is basically sitting on the sides of the tank and not the bottom sheet of glass.

Just some thing worth considering when making decisions / plans.

Cheers