Sign in to follow this  
yellows

Fx5 questions

Just wondering how everyone with FX5's have there media set up as a mate of mine brought a tank with one set up on it. At the moment it is set up like this from top to bottom Basket 1 Blue Bio Balls Basket 2 Noodles and Basket 3 Matrix in it at the moment and was thinking of getting rid of the Bio Balls and Noodles and replacing them with Marine Pure Spheres and leaving the Matrix in Basket 3 any thought would be great

Sounds like a plan, don't forget to leave room for macropore or purigen.

Running a few sponges on-top of each media basket ive also found helps alot in polishing the water & slowing down the flow rate a little to help with the biological filtration side of things.

Sounds like a plan, don't forget to leave room for macropore or purigen.

Running a few sponges on-top of each media basket ive also found helps alot in polishing the water & slowing down the flow rate a little to help with the biological filtration side of things.

No worries mate I will let him know where would be the best place for Macropore or purigen it had me worried for a minute I thought no one had a FX5 just selling them LOL

Yeah mate scrap the bio balls, if the noodles are good quality ones you can leave them. Or if they aren't porous, get MR Aqua noodles or bakki disks. You want the macropore to be the last stage of filtration. So I would be placing them in the bottom tray. Yeah Im the same as The Forgotten, will run a thin sponge on top of all the baskets just so the bio media doesn't get clogged with crap. :beer:

Yeah mate scrap the bio balls, if the noodles are good quality ones you can leave them. Or if they aren't porous, get MR Aqua noodles or bakki disks. You want the macropore to be the last stage of filtration. So I would be placing them in the bottom tray. Yeah Im the same as The Forgotten, will run a thin sponge on top of all the baskets just so the bio media doesn't get clogged with crap. :beer:

No worries mate Cheers

Sign in to follow this