hi everyone i have bought an egg tumbler and using it with some success. I have noticed that i loose a lot of eggs, dieing going furry, is this normal?, does the female chilid holding them just spit the dead ones out. I'm letting them "bounce" only the smallest amount thinking they wouldn't be bouncing all round the mouth, just rolling round.I strip the female a few days after i find she has them in her mouth, and over the next 2 weeks in the tumbler i gradually loose sometimes about harlf of the starting total by the time they are big enough to release. i have between 60 to 100 eggs at a time form to females. Maybe is it to many in the tumbler? can someone shed any light on the subject. thank you in advance

I strip my females at day 10 that way they have spat the unfertilised eggs and they start getting tails. The furry eggs are unfertilised eggs. And the amount of eggs depends if they are large eggs like frots or small to average size like yellows. But I like to keep 50 to a tumbler.

I found it easier to let the female hold for about 18 days and then strip free swimming fry.

She may swallow them if she is holding for the first time but she will get the hang of it next time and not swallow.