Sign in to follow this  
Slipshodman

Water Flow in Aquarium

Hi,

May sound like a strange question but do any of you design the water flow in your tanks.

I have a 4ft (200lte) tank with a canister filter that picks up on the back left side and returns right back, also a corner filter that sits in the back right flowing the water in the same direction as the canister return, but with the flow my tank seems to be a slow moving whirl pool and i end up with fish congregating in the front right corner where i don't think there is much water flow. I don't know if they are resting or there may be to much water flow.

The canister returns with w spreader bar about 40cms long and is angled in the right back corner, 1200 ltrs per hour

The internal filter is 2400 ltrs per hour (from memory)

I am wondering if this can/is causing any stress to the fish , or if people design the water flow when setting out a tank

Cheers

I use similar power filters and spray bars on both , i have both pointing up at a bout 45 degrees, fish move all over tank and plants sway in current, canister returns from opposite end to in take and internal blows from other end, lot of surface movement but only moderate current in rest of tank. My internal filter is only 1200lph, tank is 290lit.

Edited by peter m
more info

Sign in to follow this