Sign in to follow this  
alex_j_5

humphead fry

hey guys bought a pair of humpheads few weeks ago n found out they have laid on friday n fry are just starting to wriggle around when i had a look tonight, they are oin a 2x18x18 with there 2 parents and 2 longfin bristlenose about 6cm. just asking if they will be okay to leave there or should i remove the parents or bristlenose. and also what should i feed the little guys.

thanks

Humpies are generally good parents. Like most substrate spawners, inexperience can sometime make the first brood or few disappear prematurely, but I dont mind that. I always like to let them have the expereince the first couple of times at least. They will be fine in there. The b/n pose no real threat to free swimming fry mum and dad cant take care of. As for food, once they have consumed their egg sacks, I like frozen baby brine shrimp, some flake or spectrum grow ground into a powder, microworm and cyclop-eze. Any of these, or any combination of these would be fine. They shouldnt be too fussy. Humpies love their tucker and cotton on pretty quick. If you have difficulty, some live microworm or live baby brine will entice them even more.

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this