MattG

Bloat is killing my fish !!!

Hi Folks,

One of my Tropheus tanks got hit with bloat. I have started treating them with Metro and Epsom salt. Could someone please let me know the dosages and the treatment regime ? I just wanted to make sure I am not doing anything wrong....

Dosage for Metro, Epsom salt, How many days and the frequency of water changes would be good to know. Also should I feed the fish during the treatment or not ?

Thank you !!:hail:

Tabs are 400mg.

Thats my hospital tank.. Main tank is over 350 L. I have the sick fish in the smaller tank. (They are babies anyway... only 4cm fish).

Hospital tank is a 2 x 1 x 1 ... Actual literrage would be 45-50 L as I only filled it to 80%

so a 1/4 of a tablet for 40-45 L, do small w/change after 2 days and retreat, if you took the fish from the bigger tank because they were showing signs of bloat then the bigger tank should be treated to, usually the first sign of bloat (before they bloat up) is, they don't eat, do not feed them.

so a 1/4 of a tablet for 40-45 L, do small w/change after 2 days and retreat, if you took the fish from the bigger tank because they were showing signs of bloat then the bigger tank should be treated to, usually the first sign of bloat (before they bloat up) is, they don't eat, do not feed them.

Thank you for that... Will do...

Also, think about the possible cause too... ie; water quality, food, stress...

Frenchy :)

[MENTION=54]HereFishieFishie[/MENTION]FishieFishieEtc Makes one of his rare visits to qldaf. What a shame, you have heaps of knowledge to share but don't post often.

Is facebook the big attraction these days??

[MENTION=54]HereFishieFishie[/MENTION]FishieFishieEtc Makes one of his rare visits to qldaf. What a shame, you have heaps of knowledge to share but don't post often.

It's not surprising Justin doesn't frequent this forum much. I resigned as a moderator from this forum as I wasn't happy the way he was treated by the owner (at that time). A lot of well respected and experienced fish keepers have been driven away.

It's not surprising Justin doesn't frequent this forum much. I resigned as a moderator from this forum as I wasn't happy the way he was treated by the owner (at that time). A lot of well respected and experienced fish keepers have been driven away.

Ah yes those were the days when a young fella living off shore owned the forum. I remember also something to do with a I think "eartheaters" link by @japes ruffled some feathers.

All has changed since then but I am pretty sure Justin and [cough] other people associated with qldaf prefer to wheel and deal on facebook.

EDIT: After some more thought I am sure Winston wasn't a mod at this time. I do remember Grum wasn't liked by some members. lol.

Edited by mbunamad
rethink

I remember also something to do with a I think "eartheaters" link by @japes ruffled some feathers.

For clarification @mbunamad, the EartheatersAustralia website (dedicated to whats Eartheaters are in Australia with info/photos) developed by @ozarowana and @japes was DMCA'd (Copyright claimed) by the vengeful individual that owned QLDAF at the time. Anyone that knew who developed the website, or anyone that knows copyright law, knows how ridiculous such a claim is, but it's a frustrating fight. Apparently a small website dedicated to helping enthusiasts was deemed a threat by said individual. :noidea:

Pushed some of the best members like @aquaholic99 away. Unfortunate result of poor behaviour.

Edited by derpwit

For clarification @mbunamad, the EartheatersAustralia website (dedicated to whats Eartheaters are in Australia with info/photos) developed by @ozarowana and @japes was DMCA'd (Copyright claimed) by the vengeful individual that owned QLDAF at the time. Anyone that knew who developed the website, or anyone that knows copyright law, knows how ridiculous such a claim is, but it's a frustrating fight. Apparently a small website dedicated to helping enthusiasts was deemed a threat by said individual. :noidea:

Pushed some of the best members like @aquaholic99 away. Unfortunate result of poor behaviour.

Yes I knew there was some controversy but wasn't sure of all the facts.

A shame really coz @japes [Ryan] was a good mod and a top bloke.

I spose when you are the founder @Grumundi and set up a forum you can do as you please. Glenn was known to call a spade a spade!

On the brighter side [MENTION=470]aquaholic99[/MENTION] is back and posting.

Glenn was known to call a spade a spade!

That implies truth :nono: Called a spade whatever tool it needed to be to suit agenda at a particular point in time :blah:.

Good to see quality posters like Winston return :clap2:.

Edited by derpwit

Thanks for the kind words.... Actually, fb is currently deactivated lol Probably only last a week...

I get spells of looking on here... Just with fish being a smaller part of my life & others taking more influence... You know :)

Frenchy :)