Hey, I'm a new member here, as I have recently bought a Motoro stingray.

Everything has been going fine with him, he's in a huge tank (400lt) for a still very small guy. I do 2 water changes and week and make sure to give him a decent feed every day. His tank is heated with nothing sharp or potentially harmful in it with him. Today I noticed on his belly he has a single little red spot. This is the first I've seen it, and it's definitely appeared either yesterday or today. He is still swimming actively, eating all his food and acting normally but I'm worried as its just come up. Has anyone seen this before? Or have any tips on what it is, is it harmful or do I need to worry or anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

I normally have those and also lines - like scratch. I think they are rash and just disappear in a few days. If it is eating, active and your water is good, i dont see any problem.

How many months was the ray when youve got it? More mature the better so they are more stable than fresh weeks old pups.

Honestly I'm not too sure how old he was, but he was living at my work (bought him from work when he didn't sell) for a few months and I've had him a couple of weeks now. He's still eating heaps and is just as active as ever, I'd just never seen this before. I'm going to be extra careful for the next couple weeks and make sure his water definitely stays on it and hope that it is what you've had and goes away soon. Thanks heaps!

P.s. If it helps determine age he's about a 20cm diameter, maybe 25cm. Has also shed one barb in he time I've known him if that helps :)