Just got 4x2x2 (used) came with aqua one nauntlis 1100, I have my doubts as to whether this is enough filtration. Any help would be good, I have another 1200 canister and several internal filters between 300 and 1200lph I can add if needed.

What kind of fish are you looking at stocking?

I would use both canisters for sure. This helps as you can alternate their cleaning schedule and don't have to worry about depleting the benificial bacteria too much in one hit. Canisters of that size don't have a lot of punch in the water movement department (especially once full of media) so I would also include a wavelakers or internal filter to eliminate dead spots on the lower portion of the water column (give your tank is 2x2) Having an internal going as well should catch a fair bit of the solids before they get to the canister which translates to longer periods between opening the canisters for a clean out. And with three filters there is a good bit of redundancy should one stop for any reason.

Will be a community tank, large rocks, big mangrove root, plants,undecided on substrate was thinking large pebbles, tank it is replacing has small white gravel which gets a lot of algae staining it around bottom by glass.