Dont know about in wa but theres a few around in brisbane ,you bypass them a lot in fish shops cos theyre small and not always displayed the best you may be able to ask your live fish shop if their wholesaler has them on their list, other than that a breeder may be able to sell you some eggs that you can hatch yourself

A couple of months ago I was considering keeping and breeding Killifish.

I spoke to a breeder in Brissie and was told there is not much demand for juvies and consequently they are hard to sell.

Based on that info I did not go ahead with it.

Here is a link to Serkan in Canberra who is into it big time.

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/monster-rare-exotic-fish-49/killifish-whats-australia-moment-pic-heavy-86086/

Pet city just did a german import list which was posted on here and had killis on it , cant find the post tho

I was in Pet City a month ago and they had 3 or 4 varieties then.

[MENTION=5756]tdj5[/MENTION] best to give your lfs a ring and ask them what they have in stock.

I would say there will be more "no killis in stock" rather than "yes we have Killis in stock"

[MENTION=5455]Donny[/MENTION]@qldaf Apparently they were popular many years ago but not now.

I considered breeding them and advertising them on Gumtree with nice pics to try and "create" demand but had second thoughts..

I'm not breeding them as such, but they do. The laffia have and the Lagos have babies. They're better to photograph at night. The small laf male (look them up on the net) already breeding at an inch. Then babies in a sperate tank, easily tell the sexes, small male laffia, poor pic of Lagos male and the female with a baby.

post-5418-14711633802661_thumb.jpg

post-5418-14711633802875_thumb.jpg

post-5418-14711633803022_thumb.jpg

post-5418-14711633803232_thumb.jpg

post-5418-14711633803362_thumb.jpg

If you look at AI list, whoever gets fish from them will be able to get them. That German list pet city had is ironic, they should sell most of the killies at that rrp and not the expensive shop price...just saying.( which is another reason why people don't buy them !)

At one point I had about a dozen varieties. The best sellers were always the Florida flag fish. This was before the whole seachem excell thing.

Problem is the big breeders were never really website people. Scene kinda never really made the jump from newsgroups intact :(

That and these days people can afford big tanks lol