littlebitfishy

Discus, How to master breading!

I want to start breeding Discus but I am lost. Dose anyone have any tips or tricks they could share?

Jump into the discus section on here, there's loads of great info to read through. I'm new to discus keeping but would say they aren't fragile but you have to know what they need especially with water etc before you start.

You can't beat good old fashioned books! I'm sure the sponsors would have many suitable titles - last time I was at AOA they had a massive range. Books can also help filter out some of the BS on the internet! If I'd never grown up in the olden days of books and had learned online instead of on paper I reckon my knowledge would be 10% of what it is - oh the good old days.

good food. Mine are breeding every week. I'm not doing anything to try. large water change each week, (maybe every 2nd if i'm lazy).

I put it down to food. quality beef heart mix, quality frozen blood worms and brine shrimp and freeze dried black worms, and kelp algae flakes (they don't eat this much).

Perfectly breaded fish:

1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In shallow dish or pie pan, combine croutons, cheese, parsley flakes and paprika; mix well. In another shallow dish, combine egg, lemon juice and water; beat well.

2 Cut fish fillets into serving-sized pieces. Dip in egg mixture, tucking thin ends of fish under to form pieces of uniform thickness. Dip fish in crouton mixture, patting gently to coat; place in sprayed pan. Spray fish with cooking spray for about 5 seconds.

3 Bake at 350°F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.