grubby

Daphnia Group buy

Please ignore this group buy. The source is too expensive, for what you get. Will keep looking and will let everyone who might be interested know.

Hi gang I have found a source of live Daphnia . Its $10 overnight shipping. I have made enquiries its $15 for a starter culture (teaspoon), $25 for a larger culture (tablespoon) and I am waiting to hear back on a larger order price. Anyone interested in going in and order, split the costs? PM me.

Edited by grubby

Just as a note, speak to Dave at aquagreen. I am pretty sure he does daphnia (moina) culture for $5 or something along those lines, they are not listed on the site though.

What is his shipping cost like though ?

I will have Magna in a couple of weeks [MENTION=3726]grubby[/MENTION]

Ah that sound promising. Can I purchase some from you. The source I found is quite pricey compared to what I have sourced locally in the past, would prefer local ones. Please keep me in the loop.

Cheers,

Phil

your talking about the guy on fleebay trying to rip people off

15c each not including shipping gezzzzz!!!!

Scumtree actually, but Yeah I know what you mean, but all my usual sources have failed this season, I figured perhaps a bulk order might make it more palatable. In retrospect I am gonna tell the clown to Foxtrot Oscar

I just wish I knew where to collect it in the wild, I look and look but have yet to find any anywhere.

I'm surprised too, maybe due to all the feral fish in our waterways? :noidea:

From memory on AL, Dave (aquagreen) was offering free soil samples collected at the banks of rivers (simply add water)

For any Melbourne folks... when I was living there a few yrs back, 3 sites I collected daphnia/moina were:

-wetland on Douglas parade, Williamstown (cyclops & small moina sp?)

-Laverton flea market's pond (cyclops & small moina sp?)

-Monee pond creek, Flemmington (place fine net into water & the current would literally drive thousands of giant sized daphnia into the net)

If I may suggest, I do tend to believe in Dave at Aqaugreen personally...... he walks the walk as well as talks the talk.

Grubster, if you want to raise a post in the group buy section go ahead for Dave, who gives back to the local communities he gets source stock from.....

If I may suggest, I do tend to believe in Dave at Aqaugreen personally...... he walks the walk as well as talks the talk.

Grubster, if you want to raise a post in the group buy section go ahead for Dave, who gives back to the local communities he gets source stock from.....

GB that is a great idea. I forgot we had a group buy section. Yes Dave is a dude for the work he does with the local indigenous communities. He is what my crew call a Mensch.

I'm surprised too, maybe due to all the feral fish in our waterways? :noidea:

From memory on AL, Dave (aquagreen) was offering free soil samples collected at the banks of rivers (simply add water)

For any Melbourne folks... when I was living there a few yrs back, 3 sites I collected daphnia/moina were:

-wetland on Douglas parade, Williamstown (cyclops & small moina sp?)

-Laverton flea market's pond (cyclops & small moina sp?)

-Monee pond creek, Flemmington (place fine net into water & the current would literally drive thousands of giant sized daphnia into the net)

John, shall we head out one day and see what we can find ? Make a change from our usual rainbow hunt. What do you say. If you can find them in Melbourne, we can find em here.

John, shall we head out one day and see what we can find ? Make a change from our usual rainbow hunt. What do you say. If you can find them in Melbourne, we can find em here.

Maybe the Aboretum at Sherwood might be a spot to look. How did you spot them in the water.

I will have Magna in a couple of weeks [MENTION=3726]grubby[/MENTION]

I would be keen on some Magna please if you get them.

For those interested, Robyn at Aquagreen just replied me. They do not have Moina at the moment and unable to estimate when they'll have some.

Can you feed them on infusoria?

Green water they love best, but the books say yeast is good, spiralina powder, paprika, baby formula. I still say green water is best, but you needs heaps as they demolish it very quickly.