Rona

Lesion on Lace Gourami

​Is anyone familiar with a lesion like this one on my beautiful lace gourami? Sex uncertain although the aquarium manager thought it is a female. I have placed her in my 10 litre isolation tank and treated her with 2 doses of Aquari-cyline, three days apart. A few hours after the first dose, the lesion largely disintegrated leaving a lot of flaky material floating in the tank. She appears now to have a v shaped split at the base of the tail fin; the split is still showing the orange-red color around its edges. Other fish in the 80 litre main tank are unaffected. I had only the one lace gourami. There is a white male molly in the main tank with a nasty habit of chasing and nipping.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

post-16244-14711633829964_thumb.jpg

hey mate lace gouramis are prone to such things. maybe do a large water change in the main tank and a gravel vac. i dont know about aquari-cyline but i know maelafix is good for such things, i have used it on open wounds caused by other fish. you should consider weather to keep the molly, or add plenty of female mollies and he may just chase them all the time, rather than your other fish. i cant tell if your gourami is male or female as the dorsal fin is folded, females are rounded and males are pointed.