My Opinion..(Disclaimer- Never had a drip system but I thought about it).

Drip system just changes the water, it wont keep the tank clean and remove debris (so make sure you have good mech filtration to go hand in hand).

It all comes down to cost for me, I currently run sponge filters to keep cost low but they wont remove large particles so I must siphon during my daily/weekly water changes. If however I was running power heads with good mechanical filtration then I would go for it.

Thanks for the reply I'm thinking a drip system in my fish room purely to reduce water changes all my tanks will sumped and have external canisters and sponge filters for my fry tanks I just thought a drip system would be worth while and was wondering if you could take the water from the tank overflows and recycle it somehow surely instead of wasting all the water there's got to be a way to make the water usable again for fish just thinking out loud!

Drip system = fresh water constantly being supplied to your fish.

You can own the biggest bestest filter system on earth and turn your water volume over 1000000 times per day but I believe nothing is better than water changes.

Your fish love fresh water. Well that's what I reckon.

You could send it through a plant bed to remove nitrate, but I would think the time it would take to reduce to 0 would make it not worth while. Also there are other contaminants in water that probably wouldn't be removed in the process so I am unsure about that. I am sure someone on here has tried it before?

Yeah I've been thinking about putting it through a plant system or something along the lines of that and mixing it with rain water to rejuvenate it I dunno I'm a big water change person when it comes to my fish so even with a drip system I'll still do water changes but not as much or as often there's got to be away to minimise water waste especially once I get my whole room up and running!

Yeah I've been thinking about putting it through a plant system or something along the lines of that and mixing it with rain water to rejuvenate it I dunno I'm a big water change person when it comes to my fish so even with a drip system I'll still do water changes but not as much or as often there's got to be away to minimise water waste especially once I get my whole room up and running!

Siphon your dirty tank water onto your garden or vegie patch. [MENTION=1378]Fish[/MENTION]bite.

Watch your plants and vegies thrive.

Your water is not wasted then!