I have a small growout tank ( 40lit) with young wag tail platties, and many snails, I noticed today that all snails were dead. Fish are perfectly well I do not know why snails died (but not sorry) can anyone enlighten me?

If you, for whatever reason, used hot water from the tap, I've been told (not sure of it's accuracy) that the copper from the pipes can affect the water quality and kill shrimp/snails... did you recently adjust the temperature of your tank using warmer water from a tap?

If you, for whatever reason, used hot water from the tap, I've been told (not sure of it's accuracy) that the copper from the pipes can affect the water quality and kill shrimp/snails... did you recently adjust the temperature of your tank using warmer water from a tap?

the problem with that theory is that in houses mors than 10 yrs old the hot and cold are both copper lines copper is also no longer used jn hot water services they are steel tanks .new houses nearly all use plastis lines now with brass connectors only the ends at taps and hws have copper

copper kills snails, have you checked the levels? May be high enough to kill snails and not the platties

It will not be a 100% guarantee. A couple could survive and snail explosion starts again.

Solution to zero snails in tanks? Never use live plants use plastic.

Only top up with cold and all cold pipes are plastic, always run waler to clear pipes in case any thing in first flush, still can't find any live snails in tank, fish still ok. Don't know how to check for copper.(old and not very up to date with these things)