I have noticed a lot of people saying to stop the Gurgling noise out of the back of your Bulk heads you should put a tee piece on them wouldn't sitting 25mm pipe from your bulk head inside 50mm pipe stop this as well as there would be air getting in around the 25mm pipe or the more air the better

I don't understand what your describing with the different pipes, but the gurgling and surging is because the syphon effect of water getting drawn down the pipe, the tee piece breaks the syphon. I also put a cap on top of the tee with a few small holes drilled in it to further quieten down the whole system.

P1010292.jpg

P1010290.jpg

I don't understand what your describing with the different pipes, but the gurgling and surging is because the syphon effect of water getting drawn down the pipe, the tee piece breaks the syphon. I also put a cap on top of the tee with a few small holes drilled in it to further quieten down the whole system.

P1010292.jpg

P1010290.jpg

Can see the naked cameraman in reflection lol 😂

P1010292.jpg

P1010290.jpg

That give me an idea mate cheers for that what I was talking about is say you have a 25mm pipe sitting inside a 50mm pipe there is going to be a gap around the 25mm pipe wouldn't this be enough to quieten it down but after seeing this set up with the holes in the cap I will go the same

I had them facing down like that so the noise of the water flowing down the pipes was trapped. I have four returns and have two facing down like the pic and two horizontal to skim the surface, all of my pipe work is in clear flexible hose, this reduces noise even further.

Got around the floaty food going down the sump problem with a little thing I made up from some 100x75 PVC Downpipe offcut and some spare suckers, does the job well keeping floating foods in the one spot...

IMG_7579.jpg

IMG_7580.jpg