Sign in to follow this  
blocka

Large cold water natives

So I'm thinking of setting up a large water trough I've got here as a pond is 3 meters across and 600 deep I want one or two large natives ideally I'd like two lei togas but not sure they could handle the winter here or if I'm I best off just getting a Murray cod or a few perch so has anyone ever kept a lei toga around Ipswich through winter in a pond thanks

post-8538-14711633896008_thumb.jpg

Lei toga, gg, bass, ater cat in a pond at rosewood. Insulated and heated though.

What do you use for heating Nicole? I was thinking of maybe doing a heap of black poly pipe hooked up to a small pump and having the sun heat it would only be working during the day.

What do you use for heating Nicole? I was thinking of maybe doing a heap of black poly pipe hooked up to a small pump and having the sun heat it would only be working during the day.

you could use the poly pipe heater to head a IBC or 2 as 1 circuit and solar powered the pump and then use the stored heat to heat a 2nd poly pipe circit from the pond and back to the pond running it through the IBC's like a normal hot water system

I got a black 100l rainwater tank from Bunnings and turned it into a canister filteit atable. 10000l sump pump from the pond , then gravity fed out the bottom. The tank sits in the sun so as long as the pond gets covered a few hours before dark the heat stays in. Im running heaters at the moment to keep it stable during the sub zero mornings aswell.

Sign in to follow this