grubby

Downstream Aquatics opening hours WTF???

[MENTION=3726]grubby[/MENTION]According to their facebook page they will only be open Thursday Friday Saturday due to Steve and Eddie working 14 hour days 6 days per week.Out of courtesy they should change their phone recorded message to reflect this.

Blimey, well fair enough then. I don't begrudge them a break then. One thing though, they have gotten a lot of exposure through this thread.

I spoke with steve both him and Edwin already work 6 days and most nights every week. They run aquarium servicing businesses and does alot of environmental work and 2 days at Griffith uni looking after their snakes, reptiles and fish, they do the best they can. Remember he's president of qfas, pres of angfa, vice pres of beta Australis and does alot if artificial rock work and aquatic surveys...

Opening hours are..

Thurs 10.30-6pm

Fri 10.30-6pm

Sat 9-5pm

He's looking at changing the phone message but with his old age and senility, its taking a bit of effort for him ( lol)

Edited by thatsright99

I dunno Edwin, but I know Stevo does an awesome job for the Hobby as an unpaid ambassador. I thought they had Andy manning the fort when they were out. Possible job opportunity for a Uni student ???

Bitten of more than they can chew by the look of it - Time for Steve to delegate !

Like grubby , I do not know Edwin either but I am in one of the clubs and Steve pops up quite regularly .

and their enjoying all this free advertising, not really needed though , everyone thats ever met the skinny little sod can't forget him unfortunately !!!! LOL

Edited by spongebob

Hey Grubby, I hope you are well! Yes I was there helping out (PAID) and my partner was volunteering (NOT PAID) and we went overseas and we both talked to Steve once we back and Steve said Downstream Aquatics will call you and get back to you at the end of the week but Downstream Aquatics never did and that was a month ago! So the shop must be going slow and they can make more money doing there other business or its a tax strategy! All I hope is Downstream Aquatics is going well!

Me too I was there. Had a great old chin wag. Bought some superb Stradbroke Island Rhads.

I recon everyone that visits the shop has a chat. It's just a part of knowing Steve Baines.

FJ

Talked to Steve the other day and put a order in so he might be out picking me up some more awesome driftwood,he knows the spots ,lol.....

post-355-14711634773271_thumb.jpg

post-355-14711634773449_thumb.jpg

Edited by chickadee