Sign in to follow this  
GuppyGodess

WOW Guppy fry everywhere!!!

My "Big Mama" who I purchased on 19th Sept very heavily pregnant, had 20 littlies on the 20th Sept. I was overjoyed.

But that feeling was definitely surpassed today when right before my eyes she popped out 52 8O littlies today. This girl I have been worried about the last week displaying some very strange behaviour. But I reckon I'd display the same strange behaviour if I was carrying 52 wrigglers :laugh:.

She definitely showed up "Little Mama" who had 6 littlies 2 days ago.

What a showoff!!!

As I'm new to this fun hobby I'm happy to be a grandma. Sorry just couldn't help myself just had to share.

holy crap!

I read somewhere that guppies could have up to 60 babies, i assumed it was bs but after that i'm rethinking!

congrats on the spawn!!!!!

how big is big mama exactly?

Any Pictures? I love my Black Cobra Female to pop out 50 Babies LOL, She is one of the Biggest Import Guppies I've seen so would be good to see the size of your Female.

how big is big mama exactly?

Any Pictures? I love my Black Cobra Female to pop out 50 Babies LOL, She is one of the Biggest Import Guppies I've seen so would be good to see the size of your Female

Big Mama is 5cms. Put some pics on as soon as I find usb cable to download off camera. I put it away so I wouldnt lose it :oops:

Guppies are able to drop anywhere between 2-200 fry apparently, depending on the strain. The most my grass guppies have given was 27 fry, from a 7cm female. How I wish they could drop 50...

nice!

i once saw some 10cm females in a lfs they looked like giants for guppys.

keep a large female at 30oC or so and she should produce 50+ but dont expect a long life out of her.

good to see some bigger males getting around in lfs as well.

cheers

mick

good work.

another way to produce more fry is live food like brine shrimp and blood worms. frozen blood worm is what i use and i produce 30-40fry each drop.

as batter said raising the temp to 30 also helps but not good idear if you want your breeders to last longer then 12 months.

dont breed your females till at least 4 months of age is another one.

there are lots of ways.

hope this helps those looking at breeding guppys

Sign in to follow this