Hey everyone, :welcome:

I have these new little fellows Although I am not sure of what breed these little plecos are :? Does anyone have any ideas? I can't really get them to fit into one L number.

Maybe L002, or the store owner thinks they are L389. Unfortunately he has mis labeled fish before :|

Appreciate any help :help:

Sorry not the best pictures.

Thank you everyone

post-9791-14711633987167_thumb.jpg

post-9791-147116339873_thumb.jpg

Edited by McTackett

Yeah that is what I was wondering. Maybe a cross between L397 and L002, I am not sure who the breeder is as the shops got hold of them and labelled them themselves. Pity if they are crosses. It is the face that throws me. It doesn't really fit any just right.

Thank you ☺

They don't have any white on the pectoral fins, Does that rule out L397?

Don't think it's a 397. Just doesn't look right.

Are people breeding hybrid l numbers now?

They have been for a while !

Some shops around the place also have had them mislabled !

It will only get worse .\as if people forget which is which but decide to sell them on they often just take a guess .

I don't know where the shop received these fellows from. It is very disappointing though that they are selling under an L number. If I ever needed to sell them for whatever reason I wouldn't say it is a particular breed. I would rather say for pets unsuitable for breeding.

I would say L002. In a size comparison with your thumb they aren't very big yet and may not have developed the extra face patterning they usually have. Did you know each ones face pattern is different? Rather like a finger print and they add to it as they get older.