jonnoob

Found some eggs! /id

Gee they weren't half desperate to breed were they? Yes common bristlenose. If you had a big piece of driftwood in the tank they probably would have tried laying under that. Get a cave or at least a half coconut with a hole for a door. When the eggs hatch the fry will be wrigglers with a large egg sack which they have to absorb. That is a very vulnerable stage as even a guppy can pop the sack and have an omelette feed.

"Face palm"

It's a common bristle nose catfish.

Research before breeding

5ba2886cd4ed58117e37695985ab7db9.jpg

Yeah breeding these was not my choice, hence the 'i found some eggs' rather than 'i successfully bred a fish i know nothing about cos that was my plan' title :) got these for free when i picked up a second hand tank a week ago along with 2 pakistani loachs (not in this community tank) 10 amazon tetras (i think; theyre also not in this tank) an upside down catfish and a TAE (also neither in this tank).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

b3b6151f9183f16378d0342b0e0d88df.jpg

Full tank shot. Tank has 30 odd neons, 30 odd red cherries, 3 corys and the 2 suckers. Will have a look for a nice hide for them tomorrow,

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Edited by jonnoob

Common bristlenose are pretty easy to breed and a good fish to start with if you want to breed catfish. The corys might like the eggs so if they disappear it could be a reason. Caves are pretty cheap - about $10 and if you get a cave you want it to be a snug fit for them. At least you know you have a pair and they will breed again and again and again and again and not unusual for them to breed every 3 weeks or so.