The Tech Den

Want to have a black backing for your tank - here is a different way to do it.

Where do you buy that stuff.

The link I posted takes you to the company. They are call Koolfoam and located at Slacks Creek. Email, address and phone are all here: Contact Koolfoam for a quote or credit application

Just give them an email or call with the dimensions you want. They respond quite promptly with a quote and usually has a quick turnaround time. :)

The link I posted takes you to the company. They are call Koolfoam and located at Slacks Creek. Email, address and phone are all here: Contact Koolfoam for a quote or credit application

Just give them an email or call with the dimensions you want. They respond quite promptly with a quote and usually has a quick turnaround time. :)

Sweet, I might just do that.

Wanted to put a backing on a tank and could not paint it and found another good way of doing it and insulating as well.

We used a black foam base for the tank on the left and simply used it on the back - you get the black as well as insulation and cheap to do.

20150710_081918.jpeg

I did something similar on my 10 footer .

Easy to trick it up a bit to get the 3 D look without having the hassle of it being in the tank.

Cheers Mark .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66472[/ATTACH]

How have you guys attached the foam to the tank/kept it in place?

How have you guys attached the foam to the tank/kept it in place?

I use velcro spots at the corners and top/bottom edges. Easily removable if you spill some water or need to access the rear glass for cleaning or whatever reason.

The water line and substrate would be sufficient to hide them from view. Hope this helps! :-)