african-cichlids

New corals added to nano

I'm adding more rock next week before someone mentions that lol

There is plenty of surface area in there if no fish and near no crustaceans, corals are painfully easy with very little bio media surface area, in fact more bio area, less healthy corals, sort of!

It really depends on how much you feed them.

Look at the surface of your rock and how porus it looks, that’s what dictates the amount of area your cyclers can live on to take it all to nitrate and with in to take it beyond nitrate.

It doesn’t look like anywhere near enough to me for the long term, what the cyclers miss will take, most likely, some time to kill your fish, if it does.

But in saying that if you have massive sized and multiple skimmers that work at the highest level at all times, then its all good, the work load on your cyclers is greatly reduced and things get processed quickly!

Edited by liquidg

There's limited space to a nano which makes it a little more interesting but a good challenge I think. Il prob for another 5-8kg I reckon. Il just start with one fish and see how it goes but iv got chemi-pure elite and purigen which seem to help ATM while I'm target feeding mysis to some of the corals