Bludge

Moving natives into tank from aquaponic setup

Hi guys, the wife was playing with an aquaponic setup, fish and a billion snails below/plants up top, running in an IBC for a year or so. The IBC has perished, and fish are currently in some big tubs with a solar pump.

I have no idea what the fish are, we netted them in a creek on our property, 4200 ha in west QLD, out past Roma.

They are only small, up to 10cm, somewhere between 8-12 of them.

Could these be moved into a 2 or 3 foot tank indoors with canister filtration?

Is there an intro somewhere to keeping small native fish? I'd like to set these ones up and see what they are, and maybe head out to the creeks and see what else we can find. We have carp and yellowbelly in the dams, the usual blue yabbies, but I think it would be fun to take the kids and see what else is out there.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Got any pics so we can ID them? They will be fine in a smal tank with cannister either way... Just apply basic fish keeping rules and provide driftwood/ plants for them

I'll have to wait until i move them inside, as currently they are in a black plastic tub, unless i try to net them. Should I seed the filter with some of the brown loop from the bottom or wash all the media in the current water? Will val and anubias be ok for plants? I'm guessing I don't need a heater as they have been outside in -2C :)