Just bought these two 6ft tanks from Timothy2 (thanks). Began setting them up this morning. Cleaned them out, built the stand and attached the accessories. I also put some left over gravel from a 4ft into the divided part of the top tank and just managed to fill the base out.

For filtration I'm going to use a WorX 1800lph canister on both (1 each). If anyone has info about these canisters please let me know, I've never had the brand before so I'm not sure if their good or bad.

As for fish the top tank will have 2 oscars that I have already. Not exactly sure what I'll use the divided part of the tank for (open to suggestions). The bottom tank will house a big breeding colony of bristlenose catfish (yeah they have heaps of room) but I'll be breeding commons, albinos and peppermints. Will have the fry for sale once available.

Thats all for now but I will do updates if anyone is interested.

Thanks, TheAquaHolic001

post-16220-14711634043841_thumb.jpg

Ive been using one of the worx 1800lph canisters for about 4 months now, only thing i regret is not spending the extra little bit of money to get the integrated uv steriliser(which i sont know if its any good but i ended up buying one seperately and it worked out more expensive) happy with how quiet it is etc etc. I got all new media straight off the bat and added some fine filter cloth too.

Side section i would personally breed feeder fish/shrimp for the oscars ( i actually wanted to buy these tanks but didnt see the ad soon enough and that was my plan ) if you did that then maybe cover the divider on the feeder side with plants or something so your oscars dont just hover over that side of the tank 24/7

Thanks jonnoob if I do end up getting the 1800 Lph version I will get with the uv steriliser as well. Mainly because I can't have any sort of pleco or algae eating fish to help maintain the algae as the oscars will just eat or attack them. As for the divider i never thought on doing that, I have some guppys that I'm breeding just for the sake of it so I might transfer some of them over to the divided part when I have the tanks running as a constant supply of food. I don't know if I could block it really well (sight wise) as if they catch a scent of the guppys they'll know where to look. But they seem pretty intent on building nests and stuff in the tank that they are in. So they might realise that they can't get to the guppys?

If you wanted to try something a bit different and wanted a side project you could try turning the divided section into a side drop filter or a mini sump. Or since your breeding BN's you could just use it as a grow out for the fry.

How much did the stand cost you all up?