cblaxall

RO filter connectors

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some connectors for my newly bought RO filter? I'm pretty sure the threads on the filter are 1/4"BSP (about 11mm dis.) and I was hoping to connect all 3 to varying lengths of hosepipe, for the drain, water out and water in.

Does anyone else have any other methods they use? I was told that the water shop in Greenslopes should be able to help but it's a bit out of the way.

Thanks.

All done now thanks. Went to the water shop. Paul there was great and has helped a couple of members out in the past. It's running now, and very, very slowly filling up an 200litre drum! Interesting enough, he told me that 1:1 ratio RO's are useless as they don't clean themselves properly and become clogged quicker (organic fouling or something). He said it the very minimum, the ratio should be 1:2 (pure:waste). The waste water actually clean the membrane.

He said that it was all a marketing ploy because RO has a bad rap by the environmentalists for being wasteful and that sellers were advertising as 1:1 but that they would fail in a relatively short amount of time.

May be true or false but he seemed to know his stuff and he didn't try and upsell like some vendors.

All done now thanks. Went to the water shop. Paul there was great and has helped a couple of members out in the past. It's running now, and very, very slowly filling up an 200litre drum! Interesting enough, he told me that 1:1 ratio RO's are useless as they don't clean themselves properly and become clogged quicker (organic fouling or something). He said it the very minimum, the ratio should be 1:2 (pure:waste). The waste water actually clean the membrane.

He said that it was all a marketing ploy because RO has a bad rap by the environmentalists for being wasteful and that sellers were advertising as 1:1 but that they would fail in a relatively short amount of time.

May be true or false but he seemed to know his stuff and he didn't try and upsell like some vendors.

It goes to show in some cases it is better to go to a bricks and mortar shop and get extra info you wouldn't get if you bought online.

It goes to show in some cases it is better to go to a bricks and mortar shop and get extra info you wouldn't get if you bought online.

I actually found that info online when I bought mine :beer:

Basically he was correct.. from what I remember, with the waste reducers you will likely get a shorter membrane life.

1:3 is probably a good ro, I think the 1:2 is eco friendly and the 1:1 is to make people come back for more membranes lol.