eung

lighting for 60/45/45?

Hi. im looking for a medium-high lighting for my 60/45/45 tank to grow plants

was wondering if a t5ho 2x24w, colour temp 10k lighting be enough or a 4x24w, colour temp 20k better? or do i need more?

It depends on what plants you want to grow, for carpeting type plants like Glosso 4 tubes would be better, for most other plants you could get away with a twin tube light.

My preference is 6000k red tube in the rear holder and a 6500k daylight tube in the front.

im not really looking for carpeting plants, so maybe ill just go with the twin tube.

i was just worried that the light couldnt penetrate through the height of tank making less light at the bottom for stem plants.

does blyxa count as a carpeting plant? or stem?

Hi. im looking for a medium-high lighting for my 60/45/45 tank to grow plants

was wondering if a t5ho 2x24w, colour temp 10k lighting be enough or a 4x24w, colour temp 20k better? or do i need more?

The Kelvin rating refers to colour not brightness.

natural daylight is 6400k in temperate zones out to almost 8000k at the Equator , The higher the k rating the more blue the light is . Lower k means more reds and yellows .

I have a Hagen GLO twin tube T5ho on a 760 L x 400 W x 460 L tank before ripping the plants out for a rescape grew most plants I put in there ( even Glosso - not HC ) using Geissman tubes ( see Age of Aquariums for Geissman tubes ).

That said I am ripping the scape apart as I am changing lights to a Fluval Aqualife and plant Led ( if I can get one everybody has pretty much sold out ) and I am about to plant different plants .

A twin tube flouro will penetrate to 46cm a Twin tube T5 ho to 50 cm a Fluval Aqualife and plant to 60cm .

I have twin 60 cm Fluval Aqualife and plant led growing Glosso in a 60cm L x 46cm W x 60cm H - I found in a tank that is more than 40cm wide a second Fluval led is required to get full front to back coverage !

hope this helps - pony-tail

im not really looking for carpeting plants, so maybe ill just go with the twin tube.

i was just worried that the light couldnt penetrate through the height of tank making less light at the bottom for stem plants.

does blyxa count as a carpeting plant? or stem?

Twin T5HO light will be fine for Blyxa not a problem at all.

would a twin t5h0 light be considered low or medium.

the other light i was considering was

up aqua u series the one for plant or

Zetlight ZP2500H

from other peoples tank journal i usually see them with two different lighting so that light covers from the back to the front would any light i mention be able to do this with only 1 of them?