fatglenn

Albino Nimbochromis polystigma?

Hi All

A bit over a year ago I bought some albino polystigma which were getting around at the time (see thread below)

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/general-aquarium-discussion-19/albino-polystigma-110736/

I am wondering if anyone else has still got some of these and their thoughts on how they have turned out? I am not convinced that they are not a hybrid of some sort. Most of the ones I was sent have very little markiing to suggest what fish they are meant to be. Other albino fish I have seen or kept such as auratus still give great evidence of the patterning of the species.

My "polys" have now bred and I guess I will have to wait and see how these fry go...

Any feedback from other owners would be appreciated.

Glenn

Thanks for putting up the pics. My dominant male is certainly in the ball park, I guess I am a little more concerned about my females which show a little of the characteristic marking through the tail but are not marked at all along the sides. I thought they might still have the mottling on their flanks. Mine don't appear to be as good specimens as yours but this may be to do with the food I use on them. It is more of an aquaculture feed which probably doesn't promote the fish's natural color as much.

Thanks, Glenn

Mine get hikari, aquamunch and a home made frozen mix.

Got a mouthful at moment. Theyve been pretty slack and spat the last 2 mouthfuls in tye first few days, this has gone just over a week now so fingers crossed.

Could be your food, mine have been that colour from the day i got them.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk