Shanoz

Lamprologus Meleagris Fish Keepers

Hi All,

I have recently purchased from [MENTION=86]JB[/MENTION] a colony of Lamprologus Meleagris, by the looks of things I have 6 Males and 3 Females. Just wondering if anyone is keeping these Shellies as I am wanting to swap a couple of Males for Females. I am not interested in selling some as I am happy with the numbers I have, I am just keen on doing a trade with anyone who might be keeping these as they are hard to find! Please let me know if anyone local has these as I am unable to ship. http://www.qldaf.com/forums/qld-cichlid-trader-classifieds-113/lake-tang-shell-dweller-lamprologus-meleagris-pearly-occelatus-123750/

Cheers,

Shanoz

I have gold occies, not these but i dont have enough shells for them so the fronnies have taken them as fair game. would love to get hold of alot of shells and more! i had 9 now three,they have never bred

I got mine (well half of them came from collecting from the beaches over time) from a Dollar and Cents store in Garden City, $2 a bag with anywhere between 18 - 25 shells in each bag.

Not an easy shelly to find by the looks of things, be great if I could find some more!

They are under rated. i know my GF thought they were gross ugly things in the shop, so i got them all it wasnt until we got them home and they started interacting with each other and other fish she started to like them, they bury themselves in the sand puff up like midget wrestlers and also attack my hand when i clean the tank!

I know smiths imported a bunch of blues in from germany, they will cost a packet but will surely be nice! they usually stock golds,blues and pearlys, i got the golds because they only had one blue and the gf thought the pearlys were too drab...

I used to have heaps but nobody wanted them lol

Eventually my male killed the 3 females he'd breed with

Bummer mate, wonder why no one wanted a nice little aggressive Tang Shelly!?!?!? Such a rad little fish with plenty of attitude!

Very cute! I like these :)

Haven't kept any tangs myself...

That they are Craig, hopefully I can get these guys to breed! They have been showing plenty of affection to each other lately and a couple of the girls have been preping their shells. Only time will tell! I already have one aquarium wanting juvi's if I get them to breed!

Well make sure you breed them!!! :esmile:

I hope so too mate! Cross your fingers for me! [MENTION=86]JB[/MENTION] got them from Sydney so I don't know of anyone with these here atm......!

I have some. Some of the faces on mine are disappointing so have a pair selected to breed from and others that are in with everything. (face looks like it was hit with a shovel)

I am hoping that it may be a water quality issue, but who knows.... Being a rare fish they may already be up to the point of no return, unless we get some more new blood from somewhere?

Hey GB, sucks to here about the shovel faced fishes you have! Glad to see someone has them, might have to start looking south to get some more, maybe if yours breed in the near future and mine do too, we can do a trade and fingers crossed our fish haven't come from the same place in Sydney. Appreciate the comment! :D