Sooooo I have been stewing over this for a long time, Ever since i first walked into smiths and saw their Geo Display I have wanted one similar.I just dont seem to be able to find any videos of geos in their natural Habitat? does anyone have one? they seem like great beautiful placid fish, with the added bonus that they wont destroy the plants i may want in the tank like my africans do!

Id have to get another tank i think, iv had my africans for a while now and kinda attached if they were to go id have to choose where they go! iv seen far too many mistreated tanks!

If you do, make sure you get one big enough as they love the space to explore. My 6x2x2 is perfect for these guys!

An 8 footer will be sweet! Don't worry about plants, just make sure there is plenty of sand for them to sift and forage! Also don't be afraid to feed them less than more, my fish get fed 1-2 times a week, keeps them healthy and the tanks clean as they look for any missed food. Some people might disagree with me but I have been doing this with a lot of my fish for years and never had any issues plus I had a nice clean and stable tank for them to live in!

On 6/12/2017 at 11:09 AM, wickkyjr said:

We do not have surinamesis either.  Everything labeled as Surinamesis are brachybranchus.

Surinamesis are rare all over the world. Last time they were collected was in the 80's. 

Looks like ill have to settle with them or red heads... 

I Have zero, but i do have a dream, and at this stage they are free!!! first step when home is to get the cabinets painted, ill go with no hood on the tank so just the base, its lucky i have a good mate that is a spray painter and does kitchens for a living!!! 

Do they not mind the rocks? thought they would like a bit of sand? we live near coonarr sand mine, ill be taking a trip down there its almost pure silica sand, but thats a fair few weeks off yet!! 

On 12/06/2017 at 11:09 AM, wickkyjr said:

We do not have surinamesis either.  Everything labeled as Surinamesis are brachybranchus.

Surinamesis are rare all over the world. Last time they were collected was in the 80's. 

So how do you tell the difference between the to ?

There are many different species of Surinamensoid types by the actual G. surinamensis isn't here

have a look here and it will show you

http://www.eartheatersau.net/index.php?page=main

the original G. altifons that were here are most likely gone now

the G. brachybranchus that came here after them are still around as well as most of the ones that

came in during a glut of appearances like Rio Branco, Pindare, Columbia / Venezuela, Argyrostictus, Tapajos/Araguaia red head