ashley595

Show off your peacock's

Who else has a peacock display tank that they're pretty proud of? Here are a couple of pics of the some of the boys in ours, also big thanks [MENTION=91]Munruben1[/MENTION] for a few of these guys they look stunning under lights! Will have to try and get some decent pics with a camera at the moment just using my phone.

b498c4561dc2bd0d32db87d13592df29.jpg

cf39cfd130e4a427ad7b46f5109cf98d.jpg

6e90083e431ff96331933381bf6169c2.jpg

19a5a3614fb14772215cccf4df879865.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice fish! [MENTION=576]ashley595[/MENTION]

Hey Baz, are these 'bi-colours' or 'sunshines' I really like the look of these! [MENTION=91]Munruben1[/MENTION]

[MENTION=576]ashley595[/MENTION]nicepics

It would be great if you could name the species of the fish with each photo.

Very very nice Peacocks one of my favourite Malawis especially when they are pure strain.

[MENTION=3100]Craigo[/MENTION], mate mine are the Sunshines & there is an odd one that had a orange or red in it which was with the Sunshines when sold but not breeding with them.

Think it was a throw back from something many generations ago.

The lights Ashley is using really brings their colours out.

[MENTION=204]mbunamad[/MENTION] I believe the Orange/red boys are hybrid not sure of which variety but one is very similar in colour to a bicolour or red shoulder the other is more like jacobfriebergi (sorry not 100% on the spelling) these were given away as display fish not breeders and our intent is to only keep them in our all male display tank.

The 2 yellow boys I believe to be Aulonocara stuartgranti (Usisya) but they were sold as sunshines again we will not be breeding from them and they are purely display.

As for the lighting it's just an eBay cheapy sunsun brand 30/70 blue white mix but does a great job bring out the colour in the fish my phone camera on the other hand struggles to pick up reds and oranges hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ashley595