Hi I'm a newbie to fish started small then went big I have Africans in one tank and Angels and scat fish in another, I love watching them, but now I have come across all these L numbers and I want one of each, without pet city price, can anyone help me on where to start, or does any one know of a breeder? Cheers

my advise to you about L numbers is read and research and ask questions, there are so many different types of l's and they all have different diet and keeping requirements. do you research and prevent some very expensive mistakes. also familiarize yourself with what l number you want looks like, these fish a notorious for mislabeling and incorrect identification.

yes pet city is expensive but these fish are not all that cheep either, and buying juvie fish to save money when you don't have the proper requirements for them when they are at a sensitive and less resilient size can cost you your fish and money.

not trying to scare you off keeping the they are very nice but before you jump in wallet first research and ask questions, there is a catfish section on the forum with heaps of thread on different l numbers for you to read through.

good luck

Hi I'm a newbie to fish started small then went big I have Africans in one tank and Angels and scat fish in another, I love watching them, but now I have come across all these L numbers and I want one of each, without pet city price, can anyone help me on where to start, or does any one know of a breeder? Cheers

Scats - lovely fish. When you say you have them with Angels do you mean Malayan Angels AKA Monos? I'm just asking because if not and you have them with Angelfish as in the south american cichlids it will end in tears as their fins will be too irresistable for your scats..

So people can understand lol, I'm not dumb😂 but I am blonde I suffered a stroke last yr and now have epilepsy, I had parrots but they had to go because I couldn't stand the noise, and I'm bored stiff, so now I have fish I have Angels, I did hav Scats with them but then someone thankfully pointed out the obvious to me, so now they are in a tank with my Africans I've been watching and they seem to be doing well. But I've taken an interest in L numbers they fascinate me, but I don't know where to go unless I pay pet city prices, which I don't want to, so I'm hoping for someone to put me in contact with someone, I'm not good with Technology, my 3 yrold good do this but I don't know how to get advice ect, as my poor fish man must get frustrated with me, as I send a picture to him and say I want these fish, but I don't know any fish names because I forget them, and all I can remember is that they are Africans in one tank Angels in another, sorry for the story ☺️

Start a thread on what you want then they are written there, I can't remember half of the names of fish especially when they start going on about numbers and scientific names, I call them silver ones or blue ones etc. anything I've wanted to remember I have taken a screen shot of so I have a copy of it

In regard to L number fish the advice I was given was to start off with Common Bristlenose and then once you have them breeding you progress to Peppermints and all Albino or long fin varieties.

Commons and albinos will cross breed if kept together. The result is a Calico bristlenose. Which should be sold as such (so buyers know what they're getting).

From then you move up to the L number fish.

Can you describe the type that took your fancy?