mbunamad

My Betta fish room build/erection.

I'll buy it off you, can collect at some point this weekend.

I'm intrigued and think I'll have to test this myself!

We can probably come to an arrangement.

You might have something I need [Java Moss?] or some other plants? and do a swapsie.

No joy Chris! PH dropped from 7.6 to 6.6 but next day it had crept up again.

This happens until the buffer is exhausted, you need to be precise and experiment to work out the correct amount, but yeah totally not worth the effort unless you are using liquid rock.

Mad I'm coming after you, just had 30 of these delivered, Sexy little Acrylic tanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68402[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]68403[/ATTACH]

Very cool I love gold fish tanks!!

Whats the ferkin hand doin? Trying to give the "bird"???

Good luck to you and Sarah with your Betta project.

Mad I'm coming after you, just had 30 of these delivered, Sexy little Acrylic tanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68402[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]68403[/ATTACH]

Ray are you drilling them and putting them on a system?

[MENTION=30]raycam01_au[/MENTION]hidingbehindthebushesinhisspandex wouldn't mind if you did a build thread. Very keen on seeing how your going to do your (and Sarah's) set up.

[MENTION=30]raycam01_au[/MENTION]hidingbehindthebushesinhisspandex wouldn't mind if you did a build thread. Very keen on seeing how your going to do your (and Sarah's) set up.

I will certainly be doing a build\photo log, but will not be posted on this site,

A better pic of the rack and tanks.

Okies the top shelf left to right has 3 of 30 cm cubes which will be spawning then initial grow out tanks.

A 35cm x 20 x 25 tank with driftwood and coral moss in it.

Then a 25cm x 27 x 15 tank with dried mango leaves in it which went very murky overnight.

At the rear a 20cm cube with just tap water in it.

The second shelf has a 90cm x 20 x 20 tank with driftwood and green mulberry leaves in it.

The reason I have different stuff in each tank is to see how the various contents affect the hardness of the water.

I enjoy experimenting and trialling.

To be continued.....

IMG_1471_zpsthhmhw7v.jpg

I bought a couple of Betta Barracks and set one up to see it operate. Cute hey?

IMG_1388_zps1b0hklgo.jpg

Edited by mbunamad
added nother pic

Friday I went to Bunbuns and bought more pallet racking etc to fill the other side of the erection.

I also went to the elcheapo shop and bought another shelf thingy to put the airpump on which keeps it nice and high above water level.

Friday was a busy day because I also went to Aquariums R Us and bought 3 of 24 x 12 x 15 inch tanks [without sharp edges I must say].

I have never done a planted tank in my longggg life so one will be planted/grow out and others just straight grow outs.

Probably to be continued.........

IMG_1703_zpsw57ffb7d.jpg

Friday I went to Bunbuns and bought more pallet racking etc to fill the other side of the erection.

I also went to the elcheapo shop and bought another shelf thingy to put the airpump on which keeps it nice and high above water level.

Friday was a busy day because I also went to Aquariums R Us and bought 3 of 24 x 12 x 15 inch tanks [without sharp edges I must say].

I have never done a planted tank in my longggg life so one will be planted/grow out and others just straight grow outs.

Probably to be continued.........

IMG_1703_zpsw57ffb7d.jpg

Just a bit of food for thought will those tanks fit small end out as then you would be able to fit more on the one stand?

Looking good mate. cant wait to see the photos of all the baby bettas

Just a bit of food for thought will those tanks fit small end out as then you would be able to fit more on the one stand?

Looking good mate. cant wait to see the photos of all the baby bettas

Re tanks Yes [MENTION=452]Rion[/MENTION]sy that is what I am planning to do as the shelf is 2 foot [60 cm wide.

A better pic of the rack and tanks.

Okies the top shelf left to right has 3 of 30 cm cubes which will be spawning then initial grow out tanks.

A 35cm x 20 x 25 tank with driftwood and coral moss in it.

Then a 25cm x 27 x 15 tank with dried mango leaves in it which went very murky overnight.

At the rear a 20cm cube with just tap water in it.

The second shelf has a 90cm x 20 x 20 tank with driftwood and green mulberry leaves in it.

The reason I have different stuff in each tank is to see how the various contents affect the hardness of the water.

I enjoy experimenting and trialling.

To be continued.....

IMG_1471_zpsthhmhw7v.jpg

I bought a couple of Betta Barracks and set one up to see it operate. Cute hey?

IMG_1388_zps1b0hklgo.jpg

Those Betta Barracks look cool could these be used to breed Bristlenose in or as tanks to bring fry up in or are they to small

Those Betta Barracks look cool could these be used to breed Bristlenose in or as tanks to bring fry up in or are they to small

They are 15 x 10 x 10 cms so a wee bit small for bristles or fry grow outs.