tdj5

the new member

the new member to the house hold mr Axolotl has any one on have one or had them how did u have them eg tank set up what did u have with them and did u have driftwood and plantspost-5756-14711634198825_thumb.jpgpost-5756-14711634198825_thumb.jpg

Edited by tdj5

I had 2 of these years ago (15 years ago to be precise)...I had them in a 2 foot tank with gravel, filtration was by way of that ancient and yet popular at the time - undergravel filter, I had driftwood and elodea...tank was near window and so I did not use a light....I just fed them freeze dried tubifex worms (using a knitting needle with the point bent into a "L" to hold food) as well as earthworms and bloodworms. At the time I had no idea about water changes and so I never did any ...just topped the water up from time to time... they were pretty cool pets ...I gave them away to a guy who put them in his pond... Mine always seemed healthy and content...so although I was pretty clueless back then, I must have been doing something right...I do know that there are quite a few good videos on youtube by axolotl keepers that might be worthwhile you checking out for more info.

Edited by ORANGEMELLY