missncarl

Not impressed!

Not impressed at all, got a guy on facebook announcing how he got in before the auction and purchased items before they even appeared on stage to be auctioned off! You think you're going there for a bargain and these kind of people who think they are "special" got all the bloody bargains before you! I don't think its fair for all who travel from far and near to try and get a bargain. Why bother with these auctions if people get to cut in ahead of everyone else!!!

post-15210-14711634206053_thumb.jpg

post-15210-14711634206151_thumb.jpg

It seems to me that he is just happy that he got what he was after ... I dont see anything wrong with it... s h i t ..I tell everyone whenever I land a bargain or snipe someone at an ebay auction...and if you had been given the same opportunity I am sure you too would have made the purchase...and who knows down the track you too may be presented with the same opportunity as this guy...and when you are I am sure that you too will want to tell everyone about it.. I can think of many things in this world that are far more unfair than someone be able to purchase goods outside of an auction...in the end...does it really matter?...did you not still have a good time?

Not wanting to seem harsh but to quote Qui Gon Jinn:..............post-14718-1471163420662_thumb.jpg

The facts of the matter are :

1. it was my gold vine and mopani driftwood

2. Robert went OUT OF HIS WAY to take it to the auction on my behalf

3. He's a mate of mine that bought it before I had decided on a reserve price 3 hours before the auction started

4. He delivered L10a red lizards and yellow cherry to another mate at the auction ( who bought them a week before )

5. He even went to The Tech Den to pickup 4x Buckets of Flora and 3x bags of shrimp soil for me and delivered to John 2x boxes of fish as well

So without knowing the full facts it is not wise to kick up a fuss

I gave Robert 2x peppermints and 10 x yellow cherry for his effort and now after reading this post I feel guilty and should have given him the gold vine as well !!!

as for the bargains being the only reason you go to the auction is exactly why I dont bother going to the auctions anymore

several pieces were passed in at $10 ( a bargain ) which surprised me

as for the Mopani wood I thought that everyone who has L no. Catfish would have jumped all over it it , as I have used it exclusively with breeding many L no.'s with great success

I have come to the conclusion that taking items to the auction is a waste of time for me and the fact that they were passed in only confirms to me that Bargain Hunters who want everything for next to nothing have driven away breeders like myself.

why waste a whole day and night bagging fish and sundry items and selling them at the auction when you can take the same fish x 100 to the wholesaler and get more per fish than what you get auctioning

If I had have gone to the auction I would have taken L10a, laser green cory, royal whiptail, panda cory, appisto cacatoides and borelli, pepermints, marbles , longfin albino common and marble upto 12 types of cherry shrimp etc etc easily 60 lots and maybe get $500 and bring some lots home too ! , or take 50 - 100 of each in 3-4 hours to the wholesaler and get 4x that and more.

Most items sold at the auction are generally cheaper than retail which in itself is a bargain

so I cant see what you have got to complain about !!! there were 3 pieces of gold vine passed in and I'm perplexed as to why you didnt snap them up for the Bargain your complaining about.

the auction finished very early and there were vastly fewer lots which impacts on the Club holding the auction and the sellers, its for these reasons that I cant see the auctions continuing in the future

No sellers No auction its very simple

thats my 2 cents worth

Thanx Robert for doing me a huge favour !!!! cheers pete

Edited by pandapete

[MENTION=3782]pandapete[/MENTION]ontheboil I agree big breeders like your self are far better off selling to wholesalers.

It is much easier to sell in bulk lots sometimes at a lesser price than in dribs and drabs to individuals.

However for the smaller hobbyist breeder he would get pleasure from going to the auctions to sell and also buy.

I think auctions will survive because people like the "atmosphere" of them and they can put a face [in your case ugly] to a name of members of this forum.

Im not a breeder at all I do this as a hobby as I like fish. It just ****s me people who say they are not a business who in fact are, because I know from people in the forum this particular guy was buying fish from people on here and selling them for twice the price. Thats why this douche bag got kicked off here to begin with.

And actually Pandapete, I believe you may even be one of his suppliers. Just word thats getting around!

Im not a breeder at all I do this as a hobby as I like fish. It just ****s me people who say they are not a business who in fact are, because I know from people in the forum this particular guy was buying fish from people on here and selling them for twice the price. Thats why this douche bag got kicked off here to begin with.

And actually Pandapete, I believe you may even be one of his suppliers. Just word thats getting around!

Can you please check with admin before you announce people are kicked off the forum. It is just embarrassing to admin to find out that someone still here has been announced as kicked off.

If people are selling to this person at a price they are happy with does it matter what price the buyer onsells the items at?

If I sold fish to someone and knew they were going to make money from it I wouldn't give a rats coz I got what I wanted for them and it freed up some of my tanks for more of my bred fishies.

Same as selling them to a lfs I get my price he gets his price. Everyones happy!

Not impressed at all, got a guy on facebook announcing how he got in before the auction and purchased items before they even appeared on stage to be auctioned off! You think you're going there for a bargain and these kind of people who think they are "special" got all the bloody bargains before you! I don't think its fair for all who travel from far and near to try and get a bargain. Why bother with these auctions if people get to cut in ahead of everyone else!!!

[h=1]Definition of

auction[/h]

noun1.Also called public sale. a publicly held sale at which property or goods are sold to the highest bidder.

[MENTION=15210]missncarl[/MENTION] i think you are getting fome facebook groups confused with the forum. even tho the may have the same member and same mods, they are infact diffrent beast.

and i think you ment to say wholesaler? insted of dealer. with all the vlad laws going around dont want to alert the feds to our humble fish auctions. lol

[MENTION=15210]missncarl[/MENTION] i just checked and said member is still here and was active yesterday,

Last Activity Yesterday 06:30 PM

i'm not going to name his username here as thats not the right thing to do,

he was removed from some facebook groups and maybe the qldaf facebook group, but not the qldaf forum,

This person was kicked off and I know that was a fact. He was kicked off because it was believed he was a dealer!

Ummmm........ Nope. Actually he has not even got an infraction. Well that is what my kicking boot tells me. Speaking of which need a good cheap source for some new steel caps.

What happens off the forum will not be used against members on the forum.

This is our rules:

2.7 Buying and selling of livestock or plants as a business/wholesaler. QLDAF is here to promote the hobbyist and prohibits the practice of buying and selling in order to make a profit. (QLDAF have generous sponsors and as such this kind of trade is put in place to protect them) Breeding/propogating and selling is OK

It is not quite that simple.

Can you buy fish on here and sell elsewhere... Yep .... does not break the rules. We are not going to watch everywhere for who sells what where.

Can you buy from a wholesaler and sell on here - no breaks the rules. People have got infractions for this. I would struggle to class PandaPete as a wholesaler but.

If people are selling to this person at a price they are happy with does it matter what price the buyer onsells the items at?

If I sold fish to someone and knew they were going to make money from it I wouldn't give a rats coz I got what I wanted for them and it freed up some of my tanks for more of my bred fishies.

Same as selling them to a lfs I get my price he gets his price. Everyones happy!

hahaha look, we agree on something, can we be friends again,

only thing i'll add is i'd like to know up front, and the seller to be honest and not pass them off as his own bred fish,

but as for the auction,

i took fish up to somebody that ran out of time to call in, i never went into the auction, sometimes it happens, in the end its a piece of wood,

as for making a big deal of it on his facebook group, well thats between him and [MENTION=3782]pandapete[/MENTION] not the forum,

I was just putting my opinion out there that I was not happy to hear that this sort of practice was happening at the auctions, its unethical. It shouldn't to be, it should be fair to all. Especially when some people drive a very long way to attend.

And saying about alerting the "FEDS" thats a bit out there, but it does make the mind boggle and think do the DPI need to be notified or maybe even the tax department for these people posing as just hobbyist that are in fact wholesalers.

[MENTION=4423]steveandjules[/MENTION]sparky said:

"hahaha look, we agree on something, can we be friends again, "

I wasn't aware we wernt friends!

Just different opinions on some things.

If I believe in something I will voice my opinion as I hope others do.

I may be right or I may be wrong and always stand corrected. No way do I hold a grudge and I don't want to make enemies. Life is too short for that s h I t!

I was just putting my opinion out there that I was not happy to hear that this sort of practice was happening at the auctions, its unethical. It shouldn't to be, it should be fair to all. Especially when some people drive a very long way to attend.

And saying about alerting the "FEDS" thats a bit out there, but it does make the mind boggle and think do the DPI need to be notified or maybe even the tax department for these people posing as just hobbyist that are in fact wholesalers.

I think you may be taking my Feds remark a bit to literally, it was more a jab at anti association laws, and a play on your dealer comment.

I don't understand how you can be upset by this when there was pieces passed in at the auction for the same price, if they sold out then people could get fired up.

I also don't understand how you can call someone a wholesaler just because they sell to wholesalers.

First you were upset that the sale happened then when it came out that there was more at the auction that wasn't bought you brought up that the member was banned and when that wasn't true you start attacking people for pretending they are hobbyists, while you were looking up the meaning of the word auction you should have look up the meaning of the word hobbyist.

As long as it's not your primary income and you stay under certain $ values in sales it's a hobby.

It seems that you are upset with some people and using the auction issue to attack them.

I haven't been to an auction in a couple of years but when I used to go there was thousands of dollars in deals being done in the car park as it was a convenient place to meet and drop off fish. Most of that money then walked into the auction and was spent there.

If there was members on here that are wholesalers they would be told to become a sponsor or they would be banned, i also don't see the problem with people buying low and selling higher. That could also be classed as a hobby, as long as sellers are happy with what they sell for and buyers are happy with what they pay.

There is alot worse unethical things happening in this hobby that you could put your effort into.

Cheers mick

I think this is done.

I certainly agree people should not be blasted and called douchebags on the forum.

If anyone really feels they have not had there say on this you can send me a PM and I MAY consider allowing a post, but probably not.

Regards,

Crack admin who owns the boot......