I have always found whitespot to be most active on change of season both before and after winter. This is why i will never buy or sell fish at this time of year, the moving of livestock creates enough stress on their immune system to be compromised, then allows the cysts which are already in your tank lying dormant to attach themselves and start the whole new cycle. I have found being vigilant and keeping a close watch on each individual fish for first signs of infestation and using salt at one full teaspoon per litre, temp kept high, part water change each day and then add more salt pending amount of water changed seems to control it. I must stress you need to catch the infestation before it gets out of control and treat for at least ten days.

Formalin and malachite green, I think are the main meds used for treating white spot. You also have to be watching for secondary infections caused by the parasite damaging the fishes membrane, also gill damage and increased salt and temp reduces the efficiency of gas exchange in the fishes gills so you must have realy good oxygenation, drop the water level so the spray bar is above water level or crank some air stones

I've raised my temps salted my tank pulled my carbon from my filters massive increase of oxygen and got some malachite green in the tanks now in two days so far lost whole colony of white tail acei colony of mara rocks six yellows two dragonbloods and I think there will be more to come few more don't look real good either! How long till I see signs of recovery you think?

Mate up until Saturday everything was perfect no spots no marks what so ever didn't notice a thing and I look at my fish all the time I'm using formaldehyde 5.37 mg/0.32 mg malachite green rapid white spot remedy by blue planet could not get protizin if this doesn't work I'll do a trip to age of aquariums I've never had it in years this time it's brutal temp is not even my problem cause the tanks were sitting on 29 degrees beats me!